Defensive Adjustment

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerpub, Nov 17, 2012.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Under Chavis LSU has rarely if ever made pre-snap adjustments/shifts... this allows the opposing offense to burn LSU over and over on those telegraphed blitzes.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

You never shrink from using hyperbole when criticizing LSU's coaches, do you?

Contained Chaos likes this.
  3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Not hyperbole. Fact.

4. StaceyO

I'm just going to have to disagree, then. Notwithstanding yesterday's head-scratching performance, I wouldn't say Chavis' defenses get burned "over and over."

Yesterday was absolutely frustrating, but I think Chavis has done a good job of adjusting this year--though our prevent defense is absolutely poor.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Ya'll are not the only ones complaining about calls....just thought I would mention that.

6. StaceyO

Like Freeze playing Brunetti, instead of Bo Wallace (who'd shredded our defense for 59 minutes), on the last 15-second drive, for instance?

7. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Thing is LSU's defense has atleast one or two games were they are a little off. Ole Miss is a team that always plays LSU tough and is a team who does improve through the course of the season. We gave up some big plays and we turned the ball over twice in the redzone. Once on a interception and a fumble by Landry. Our defense was on the field alot because or offense was scoring pretty fast. I think that was Ole Miss first complete game they played all year. Hats off to Mettenberger for staying in the pocket and taking those licks this kid is tough and proved to me the past three weeks that he can play in the SEC. Geaux TIGERS!!!!!!!

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Is our poor corner play from the different players themselves, or the change in coach?

9. StaceyO

I truly think the poor corner play is because two of them are true freshmen without a true leader out there with them. Simon is a decent player, but he doesn't seem to lead as much as a Claiborne or a Peterson or a TM. Of course, I just mentioned some award-winning DBs, so we've been truly spoiled.

Hopefully, with this trial by fire for our freshman, we'll be set for a while.

vshouse likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

These things happen.

Mo got torched in the WVU game and LSU gave up OVER 400 passing.

In all, they still made plays Saturday and as long as they improve, we cannot ask for more.