Defensive coaches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ParadiseiNC, Oct 17, 2010.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I wanted to post this last week. I am impressed not only with Chavis, but the defensive assistants, too! They are doing an outstanding job. Brick is doing a great job with the D-line - they are light years ahead of 2 years ago. I think one of the underappreciated aspects of what has gone on the last 2 years with the defensive makeover is the talent evaluation. I mean look at how many 1-2 year players are getting significant PT! We are stacked talent-wise on defense, and yet we are very young. TMathieu is the classic example of that, but also guys like RBaker, MoClaiborne, Mingo, etc.

With all of the complaints about the offense, and offensive coaching, I just wanted to recognize the background guys leading one of the top defenses in the country!

PI

2. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Yeah I'm totally down for giving props to our defensive coaches.

Last night 7 of McNeese points was a gift from JJ and the other 3 was due to a fluke play. Our defense is playing really good.

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Good Post. When Chief came in, he brought in Haley and Cooper and they appear to be doing an OUTSTANDING JOB!!!

4. floridatigers

floridatigers Veteran Member

Agreed. I never even got concerned, even with the 10-7 lead as I knew the D wasn't going to give up anything other than a field goal after that.