Defensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Boondoggie, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Boondoggie

Boondoggie Freshman

ok...help me out people. We have no DC. Looks like Edwards is out. I thought of someone who was highly thought of 5 years ago, actually was our DC for a week or so, then left, then got head coach at E.carolina. Wasn't he at Florida for a while before?

What about John Thompson? I know he didn't do well at E.Carolina, but he was a pretty good DC. Very aggressive. What's he doing now?

What do you think?

2. courvbc

courvbc Freshman

Hired by Spurrier at USC. Check the thread, some great NFL names on it.

3. Blackstripes

Blackstripes Founding Member

DandyDon emailed me that he has a source saying LSU will name a D.C. today, and that he is a college coach.

this of course is unconfimed.

:geaux:

4. BMoney

BMoney Founding Member

Don't be surprised if it's John Thompson. He was in town this week.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

if it is a college coach, it had better be someone bigtime. esp. after he told that recruit the other day that he would announce this past monday that the DC was someone who used to coach with the browns.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Does Aubarn have a DC yet? Georgia? Humm..

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

With all the yammering and speculation about who our next DC will be, I'm really just surprised Larry Dautrive's name hasn't come up!

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Thompson was just hired by Spurrier wasn't he. That would almost tie the record set by Fedora last week, leaving the Illni so quickly and about match how long Thompson worked for Saban.

9. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

I am sick of Dandy Don. He e-mailed someone else over the weekend that LSU was going to announce George Edwards this past Monday.

Apparently he takes EVERY rumor no matter what the source and reports it.

I think I will start making up crap to e-mail him and see how much of it shows up on his site, and/or this board.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He is just passing on what he heard just like everyone else here. He never said the information was guaranteed like some here have done. If you hear something that may very well be true I bet you would post it. There has been a ton of speculation and rumor with all the recent changes and everyone wants information immediately, thats why we are all here everyday waiting on the latest crumb to fall off the table. If Dandy waited on every rumor to be confirmed before he posted what someone told him no one would visit his site because you could just read it in the paper. Dandy is a Tiger fan and tries to give other fans information that they crave, if you don't like it don't visit the site. :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: