Defensive end Marcus Tillman commits

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tigerskin, May 14, 2005.

1. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

to LSU per Tigerbait. Big timer out of Mississippi. Miles is on a roll.

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Huge huge pickup....possible #1 prospect out of Mississippi. Orgeron can keep coming get our our 2nd tier players all day long, we'll just take his best!!!!

3. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

The pace he's going I wouldn't be surprised if he can get Eugene, just one of the top 4 La. RBS (Murphy, Allen, Scott, Brown), Norton (top TX lb), a few more solid OL, Hawthorne (WR from AL), and convince Mouton to come back to La.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

One of the best things about Tillman is he is already qualified. Doesn't appear to have great speed for a light DE, I wonder if they are planning on putting a bunch of weight on him a la Marcus.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I guess Orgeron is so busy recruiting Louisiana that he forgot to lock the gate when he left Mississippi. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Wouldn't be a bad idea.

Miles is really realing them in! I'd love for Eugene to commit early as well, and perhaps see a few more early commits from some skill position players--though, with our current depth, if we didn't land many skill position players this recruiting class, I wouldn't be too devistated. But we should land the standard (at least one RB, one QB and 2 WR should be accounted far in every signing class :))

I'd like to see us land a solid QB from this year's class--someone who understands his role for roughly the next 2-3 years, and is willing to compete for a job as a RS-Junior. Perhaps a solid 3-star QB or something along those lines, to give us 4 scholarship QB's instead of just the 3.

7. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Maybe the biggest commit yet, Woods has been a lock for a while. He is easily the top player in Mississippi, and is probably the best end propsect that was considering us. We are going to be stacked on the D-Line the next few years. And I want Eugene next as well, I've said all along that he is the most important guy for us this year.