Defensive Staff Appreciation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Jan 1, 2009.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Yes, I said it!

They did a great job getting prepared for this game, and held the GT offense in check like no other team has been able to do. ACC DCs will be reviewing the hell out of this game tape next year!

Obviously, that does not take away from their performance on the season as a whole, but these guys are not bad coaches - we were just lacking something on that side of the ball this year.

Also, props to Les Miles for bringing in that guy (can't think of his name) that coached against the triple option offense way back in the day & lighting a fire under this defense.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Here-Here!!

For the asst coaches that are moving on- I'm glad they're going out with a dominant performance.

The D was LIGHTS OUT last night!

Great job!!!

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

ditto.

5. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I thought it was very classy on Miles' part to mention the co-coordinators in the post game interview.

They, coaching staff, did a great job preparing the team last night. The defense played with more passion than any other game this season. They were in attack mode all night long.

:geauxtige

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Miles is a first class coach.

Meyer might be going for his 2nd NC in 3 years, but I wouldn't take him over Miles ever.

7. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

GT's coach Johnson probably knows that he needs to beef up his passing attacks to complement his triple option offense to make it more balanced; hate to say it, maybe another QB with better passing ability. Otherwise, he may be looking at a long upcoming season....LSU did an amazing job in preparing for the potent triple option of GT, and showed disciplined play (1st time this season?).

Which guy did Miles bring in ? Was it an assistant coach?

Indeed:thumb:

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Larry Lacewell, among other things he was the former DC at Tennesee, Assistant head Coach at Oklahoma in the 70's (option heyday) and Dallas Cowboys scouting director for many years. Mallory and Peveto may be getting credit but without Lacewell's help we may not have been able to out scheme Johnson. The real credit should be going to Miles for initiating the contact and bringing him in.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Not to mention it looked like Peveto was fired up on the sideline, there was actually some emotion. Perry Riley played a great game and was named defensive mvp, but my vote would have gone to chad jones, dude was blowin **** up everywhere and saved his own ass after he got burned on the sure touchdown he broke up on the endzone.

Props to the defensive staff and squad for a great performance.