Delay Penalty (after fake punt)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Nutriaitch, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

surprised no one else saw this or is talking about it.

the delay of game call after the fake punt was BS.
    i commented to my brother-in-law when it happened that it seemed like a FAST 25 seconds.

just rewatched it...check this out

clock stopped (to reset the chains after a 1st down) at 12:10 after fake punt

[​IMG]

game clock and play clock should start at same time on official's signal.
    if there was an actual delay of game, the game clock should read 11:45 when play clock hits zero.

well....

[​IMG]

even after flags were thrown, whistles blowing, etc.
    clock was still only at 11:46 by the time they stopped it.

2. Berge

Berge Founding Member

My problem was the ref standing on the ball until there was 4 or 5 seconds left.

If I remember correctly (I could be wrong, I will re-watch the game tomorrow), LSU subbed after the fake punt and had all their personnel on the field with 15 seconds left on the play clock. Bama subbed guys in 5 seconds later, and the ref stood over the ball for a full 5 seconds.

That is not how it is supposed to work.

3. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Yep, that Saban clown has pull anywhere he plays! Bad calls against us last year in bama and bad calls against us in Tiger Stadium! sad.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I was in the upper deck and could barely see the numbers on the jerseys...did Bama really score on their first touchdown? Did the ball really cross the plane?

It sure was close

And also, why was the kickoff that Bama fumbled in their own endzone and got downed with the nose in the field of play called a touchback? If a TD is determined by the nose of the ball crossing the goal line into the end zone, wouldn't the nose touching the field of play determine that it crossed the plane onto the field?

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I think that is why Lee was objecting to the call and the crowd really let the officiating crew have it.

I'm not much on conspiracy theories but if any of these "plays" turn out suspect it sure goes a long way into proving it.

6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

The ball should have been spotted at the 6inch line.

7. Richdog

I was in the S. EZ and I thought bama scored. I asked friends that were watching and they said he scored. The kickoff? He touched it in the field of play, but didn't secure the ball. The ball went into the endzone on it's normal momentum. I don't think he came out of the endzone, but again...I was in the endzone myself (not literally) and couldn't tell if he crossed the line.

8. Richdog

Did anyone watch the "U" official. that's the clown that was stepping on the ball while the clock ran...sometime after the penalty, there was a timeout. While both teams went to the sideline, he was the only official in the middle of the field. He was standing directly over the ball (again) with his feet straddling the ball. I kept wondering. Is he waiting to move the ball with his foot? He kept looking over to the LSU sideline while doing this. I'm thinking he's looking there to see if anyone is watching so he can push the ball in favor of Bama. :)
    But, he's just standing over the ball like the ball is going to move on it's own.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

All the focus on the "score" was the ball, but the guy is sitting on his azz before the ball is near the goal. Of course, I was irked that they took the time to review, knew it was gonna go Bama's way.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i was speechless just sitting there saying"what the phuck?" over and over. chase sat by me shaking his head in disgust. the guy i know a few seats down from me went absolute ape shyt jumping up and screaming obscenities at the officials for several minutes.

i still havent figured how/what/why on that one.