Deluded Auburn fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Old but it was before LSU ever won one :hihi:
    By bama's standards we have four :D

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Alright scrappy, you keep defending Auburn on our home board and OVD will pull out the Ban hammer. Just a fair warning. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey Numa, tell your ol' lady the party is over. Take her off the picnic table and go home. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I'm not defending AU I'm just defending the fact that :crystal: will get old if you dont win one in a few more years. How quickly can 1958 become 68 and 78 and 88 and 98. Auburn was better last year. Some fans should deal with it. I know its tough for you guys to admit AU was better in a particular year b/c they are the arch rivals and all that, but they were. Sure, lsu may have been hosed at the end. But, as TE has pointed out, Saban hosed the team when he pulled Randall. The denfense hosed themselves when they are giving up 4th and 12 converstions. Let the AU fans have some glory and be proud. I will say this though, some of those statements were pretty stupid. But, as I've seen here, there is a such thing as blind homerism. There didnt seem to be too much logic in some of those statements. Let them have there fun though.

4. Proud Tiger

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

yeah, i don't really care too much about what they think. the way i see it, we should just let them set themselves up for the miserable failure that they will certainly be (by that guys standards, anyway) as much as possible. it's only march...so this little tool will be thinking for 7 months that they will walk on LSU. that's gonna be an extremely harsh comedown. but maybe someone should inform him that we were making the exact same comments about the auburn QB situation prior to last season, and they had nowhere near the depth that we do at that position.

6. TulsaTimeTiger

TulsaTimeTiger Freshman

Well said... I always thought Saban's remarks about that move looked weak, like he was on auto-pilot or something, without any regard to take notice of the deveolpment right before his eyes of a solid Randall start in a big game. One of the worst moves of the entire season.

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Auburn counts 1957? The year they were on probation?

:lol:

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Sure, in the grand scheme of things AU WAS better. But if you're talking about the game in which AU and LSU played each other, I'm not so sure that's the case. They were pretty evenly matched in that game. LSU didn't REALLY play to it's potential, and AU played as good as they did all year. If that game hadn't come down to that shady call on the PAT attempt, I think we win in OT, hell that was our mantra all season :yelwink2:. Oh well, I'm not attacking you Scrappy... I'm just looking for ANY excuse to deny the fact that AU was better... maybe I'M being dellusional... Anyway, we still have this: :crystal:

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I see the Alabama papers are playing up the "cocky" Perrilloux crap. Numa, believe nothing that you read and half of what you see. And, even if he did mouth off about his chances as LSU's starting QB, why in hell would that make an Aubie fan want to shut him up? It's not like he said anything about your team.

10. Proud Tiger

I don't judge LSU by a few "disilusioned" ones I've ran into and I would hope when you see the same types from Auburn you wouldn't judge us all the same way (there are a few here who will but they fall in a special category where I don't even care to go). Most of us are realistic. I was asked here sometime back how I thought Auburn would do this year and I said maybe 8-3. A poll on my Auburn board got the same result. I think any knowledgeable fan knows our situation and would be foolish to bet on better than 8-3.