Deluded Auburn fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 8, 2005.

1. AUHansel

AUHansel Founding Member

AU played as good as they did all year? Did you watch any of our games? That was Campbell's first game where he showed what he had. After UGA spanked you guys we beat the hell out of them. We went to knoxville and beat the hell out of them. I think we played a lot better in those games than in the LSU game. It was really hard to get the ball moving for both teams. And even if it would have gone to OT, we would have had the momentum and the crowd. You guys hadn't scored for a very long time and we were moving the ball better. It was a great game, and that was the best anyone had done against us all season.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Everybody is undefeated in March. LSU fans can hardly throw stones about unreasonable expectations.

3. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Never read about him in an Alabama paper...all the quotes I've read from your boy have come from this site. I think he's a pompous ass and I hope Russell shuts him up...never said it had anything to do with Auburn. :confused:

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

i wasn't casting judgment on all AU fans, just the ones who are underestimating our strength at QB and believe that LSU poses no real obstacle to them. this goes for fans from any school, for that matter. you, proud tiger, have proven to be nothing short of reasonable, intelligent, and polite. i must say you represent your school very well!

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I don't see your logic here.... it just doesn't add up. Did it ever occur to you that the reason y'all played the way y'all did might of had something to do with how LSU's defense played?
    Well, NO @#$%, that was kinda what I was getting at... :dis:

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You've got to pony up some bucks to talk about our players like that around here.

7. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

Looking back on the season, and rating how our team played, I say these are our 3 best games.

1. UGA--We put it all together in this one. Playing a top 5 opponent and the game was never really in doubt.

2. Tennesee--Our offense's best performance of the year. Absolutely unreal to go into Neyland Stadium and be up 31-3 at halftime. Our defense had a pretty good game as well.

3. LSU--The defense's best performance hands down. They had their backs agains the wall all afternoon and kept coming up with key stops. I said to myself at the beginning of at least 3 series that if the offense didn't score this time it was over bc the defense could not keep stopping LSU. Well, somehow they found a way to keep stopping them.

So to respond to your post, no I don't think it was our best performance of the year. I think it was a 3rd best performance of the year. Probably because it was our first big test and our guys weren't really sure of how good they were yet. Nobody had a good handle on the offense yet, and the defense was just learning how to play together.

After watching the season pass, I feel confident in saying if we played you guys in October or November, we would have won by more.

Now next year, that is another story entirely. I think you guys will win the West, but will not take it as easily as most fans think.

I predict a one-loss SEC year for you, and a 2-3 loss SEC for us. But I expect us to be competitive in every game we play. I think the LSU-Auburn series is headed for a lot of close games in the future, like last years, after 2 dominating wins by each home team.

8. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Wow, I'm gonna frame this. Thanks :) :)

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Af
    Looking at the season for both LSU & AU you are probably correct, even though most LSU fans were hoping the hurricane would move the game back and AU fans were hoping for the opposite.

10. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

You love to dog LSU fans don’t you? AU deserves nothing. They didn't win a national title like LSU did. They cheated last year on the last play of the game. We would have beaten them in OT. But enough w/that. Do me a favor and find one post on this forum where a Tiger fan said we were going to repeat and go undefeated. You cant b/c LSU fans aren’t as gullible as AU fans. You said a while back that you have changed your outlook on LSU fans. That is a lie. You still dog LSU fans whenever you get a chance. You need to look in the mirror and try to decide if you are a LSU fan or not. We don’t hang out on LSU forums dogging the entire fan base. Texas needs you back homie.