deluded?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by USNavyTiger, Jun 8, 2005.

1. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

maybe in his head...

I don't think there is any way this kid makes it past the 7th game without being hurt again...

2. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Speaking strictly of the offense, there is nothing at all that leads me to believe that Alabama will be respected, much less feared, by opposing defenses this season.

Bama has some pretty good talent in all offensive positions except the O-line and TE's - but the talent falls off dramatically when you begin to look at the two-deep. When you're starting 3 redshirt freshmen (Davis/Caldwell/Stabler) on the OL and expecting each of them to step-up, you're toast in the SEC. With a RFr. protecting his blind side, it's not a question of "if" Brodie will go down, it's only a question of "when" Brodie will go down.

IMO, Prothro is their best receiver and really has a great knack for going up and taking possession of the football. He reminds me of Art Monk in that way, only Monk was bigger. The problem is that Prothro is a possession receiver that plays best as the #2 receiver out of the slot position. So without a premium wideout to clear patterns and take the pressure off of him, and with two inexperienced TE's in the mix, Prothro is going to be forced to make a big adjustment in the playing style he has been successful using in the past. (A similar example is Sky Green after Clayton's departure, but Prothro has the advantage of having the same QB) That's a lot to ask for a guy that had only one TD last season.

Some would argue that Caddell is the burner WR threat, but opponents with solid defenses - and there are several on Bama's schedule - will jam Caddell at the LOS and he will not be a significant factor. Caddell had a great game against AU last season, but he wasn't being jammed because Brodie wasn't at the helm. AU was playing zone, and that won't be the case against the good D's that Bama will face this year.

Without adequate protection from one of the conference's weakest O-lines, I'm afraid Bama's offense is grossly overrated ....... again.

3. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

Bama fans are always deluded in their thinking. A Bama board that I have read (www.crimsontusks.com) has some boob on there claiming that Bama has a 60% shot of wining the West, based on everything he has read this off season. He predicted a 10-1 record, with the only teams that could possibly beat the Tide being UT and Florida, ignoring LSU and Auburn.

That is the kind of homerism that persists in Alabama on a daily basis.

4. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

Bama's OL will be a real problem for the Tide.....

and considering the youth of the Bama OL this coming year and Brodie Coryle's
    history of being a fragile and injury prone QB, I don't expect Croyle to stay
    healthy for more than half the season. The OL is just too young and there is absolutely no depth at all there. How any fan of any school can possibly overlook a thin and inexperienced OL and not consider that to be a MAJOR problem is amazing.

Then there is that supposedly "great" Bama defense. Bama's defense racked up stats early last year against some very weak competition and when they
    had to go up against the better offenses later in the year, Bama lost every game. while Bama has some good defensive players, once again, depth is a real concern there as well.

Bama will be very fortunate to do much better than 7-4 and they will only
    go 7-4 if Croyle and Darby remain healthy. The 7-4 season is also largely due to Bama's weak OOC schedule but the talent at Bama is middle of the SEC level at best right now and I see losses to LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida. Bama definitely can't overlook South Carolina or Arkansas either.
    The OOC schedule of Middle Tennessee, USM, and Utah State should give Bama 3 wins so a 6-5 or 7-4 year may be possible IF everything falls right
    for Bama. I can't see anything that would indicate anything better than that.

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Re: Bama's OL will be a real problem for the Tide.....

If you want deluded...try TideFans.com

Those morons think the world is after them on everything not kissing Bama's ass

6. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

Careful......there we go agreeing again :hihi:

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

TideFans.com is great then. I love it

8. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

I was referringt to the last sentence about bama fans, not the website itself.

9. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

I wa just on tide fans and they are saying that we could be down. They are also saying we will be there only loss and that they are 1-2 years from winning another MNC. I would say they are deluded.