Demetri Robinson suspended

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUHotdog, Apr 2, 2004.

1. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

According to Saban at today's press conference, Saban told him that since he doesn't want to do what everybody else is doing, that he can go ahead and sit out the rest of the spring and then decide what he wants to do. He did specifically say that he was suspended. If anyone has a video of the PC you can quote it better

As far as I am concerned, he can go ahead and leave, cause there is no I in CNS's team. Also, he wasn't exactly the most productive TE on the team last year, so he is on thin ice as it is. Also, we need to free up a schollie, and David Jones and Keith Zinger are awesome, so whatever.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Yeah...Let's just toss the baby out with the bathwater here...

Basically, the guy made a mistake, so you just say NO way, ZERO tolerance, he's out?

I can tell you Damien James had THREE chances before he was called out on strikes (Or rather, before he KNEW he'd be booted and "bonged out" on the team in crunchtime)...

There are other players who've been suspended. I haven't seen you comment on Shyrone Carey this spring...I'm guessing you think he should not be back at practice either, though if Skyler got hurt, you'd be screaming for him as he went in to return punts...

The ULTIMATE example of the "What have you done for me lately..." attitude...

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I agree with TE. Saban knows what goes on with this team more than any of us, and if he thinks a suspension is harsh enough, than I'm sure it it.

4. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Great, here we go again. I report what Saban said in his PC, and you come out of left field to attack me for no damn reason. What the hell is your problem? I wasn't talking about Shyrone at all. Yeah he might have an attitude problem, but he decided to change his tune and resolved it with Saban.

I don't know specifically WHY he got suspended, maybe he is having "personal issues." Since you are such a champion of the guy, you tell me what his problem is. Speaking of Damien James, do you recall the impact his "issues" and eventual leaving the team had on the 2002 team? We rely on seniors to provide leadership and to set an example, and this is NOT the way to do either.

I believe that we have very capable TE's to replace him if Robinson decides to leave the team. It's just my opinion. If you think we don't, then state why and provide some meaningful analysis rather than attack a fellow tigerfan. You have a serious attitude problem. If you again reply with another viscous attack, I'm not going to waste my time replying.

5. LSUdude

LSUdude Founding Member

I went to the Wednesday practice and Jimbo Fisher was ALL OVER Robinson on just about every play he was involved in.....he dropped a couple of passes, ran the wrong route, etc. He chewed his butt about 4 or 5 times.....after practice I saw Robinson running wind sprints on one of the practice fields by himself under the eye of one of the position coaches......as punishment I assume.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Are you the biggest freakin' hypocrite since the dawn of man? Lloreda punches a teammate in the jaw and you whine about it non-stop over a year later. After he single-handedly leads the team to a 17-4 (before his "injury") record you were constantly bashing Brady for recruiting such a "thug" even though the jawbreaker was the only incident you could point to, which you did ad nauseum. And now, you have the unmitigated gall to indignantly exclaim that the Robinson situation is:
    ????

I am dumbfounded.

7. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Robinson got a lot of playing time in 2002 but was injured almost all of last season. I think he was a good blocking tight end.

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

LOL, Anything to cause controversy. Eventually TE will spread all that intelligence around the board and be known as TigerSpecialEducated. lsuhotdog said nothin to get jumped on like that. Lighten up TE :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin:

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I just wish we had capable TEs on this forum.

Also:
    Is it just me or was that a veiled shot at Coach Saban? :shock:

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

:D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: