Democrats are idiots...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JoeReckless, Jun 12, 2006.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

No Democrats have been indicated in Abramoff yet, but that could change. The letter behind the name doesn't mean very much. R or D, all dirty bastards. Jefferson wasn't getting his bribes from Abramoff. He has his own little scandal going.

The title of this thread should be changed to be more accurate. It should be Republicans and Democrats are idiotic and crooked.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Damn, Red. You sound like that pussy, Alan Colmes.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He's probably a scumbag, but he hasn't been indicted . . . yet. Democrats are far from perfect, just the lesser of two evils for the time being. I'm a registered independent, myself.

No.

4. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Let's see the US is ahead of France #141, Germany #151, Italy #155, Netherlands #156, Canada #136, Spain, #130, Japan #124, United Kingdom #115. The only major nations ahead of us are China #13, Russia #31, and India #37.

The US is #1 in business efficiency at 100. The closest major country is Canada at #5 with an efficiency of 82.648. The US is #7 in economic freedom ahead of all other major countries. We're 3rd in exports out of 184 countries, 1st in gross national income by $5,260,000,000,000 and 5th in Gross National Income per capita with Japan being the only major country ahead of us, 1st in nominal GDP by $7,044,117,000,000, 1st in Purchasing Power Parity by $4,504,371,000,000. The US is also #1 in Innovation, budget revenue, and Foreign Investment.

We're best in long term unemployment, 3rd best in population below poverty line. The poorest 30% in America only contribute 6.3% of all taxes while the richest 30% pay 65.3% of all taxes.

To say that the US economy is stagnate is to not look at all of the statistics. There was just an article on cnn.com that I read (I can't seem to find it at the moment) but it stated that US tax revenue was up nearly 15% from last year due to the booming economy. I'll have to keep looking and see if I can find it.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Yup, but that'll change once they get power.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Great point. It's a lot easier for a small economy to grow more rapidly than us. However, I wouldn't describe our economy as being in a serious growth phase right now. I'd have to agree with Red that it is fairly stagnant.

The rest of those stats you listed about our economy show that we are currently in good shape, but they have nothing to do with growth.

7. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I'm not sure how reliable that source is as i've never heard of it before and to actually read anything from the ap site that is archived costs money so I can't really look that up.

8. red55

I sound like a guy on Fox radio and TV? Uhh, thanks for your keen insight, Uncle Charlie, you can go back to sleep now.

9. red55

Again, stagnate only means "stand still", not "in the tank". The GDP is the main indicator of the economy but there are others and they all show different things. We are the #1 debtor nation in the world by far--we owe money to everyone and the interest we pay comes out of our profits. Our trade deficit is appalling and is a very bad long-term indicator.

But if you look at the economic curves over time, we are in a fairly flat period right now. The Dow is under 11,000 again and has dropped every day for a week now. Inflation is creeping up.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Ding Ding Ding!
    Hold your calls. We have a correct spelling of stagnant.

You, clearly, have never watched that douchebag, Colmes.