Democrats are idiots...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JoeReckless, Jun 12, 2006.

1. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Yes he had WMD at one time but every single inspector has said that he dismantled his WMD program. It is possible that some of it was shipped to Syria, as has been alluded to by several former Iraqi Generals, but until we actually find evidence of this or WMD in Iraq the consensus is that he got rid of them and was just saber rattling to try and keep his regional power.

edit: Well Rick Santorum just had a press conference and talked about portions of a report that were declassified stating that the Us had found around 500 weapons filled with chemical weapons since 2003. http://santorum.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressOffice.View&ContentRecord_id=1891&Region_id=0&Issue_id=0

Take it for what it is worth.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes but did you read when he supposedly shipped them out according to said general? interesting read.

3. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

No, I only remember hearing the little snippet that was reported on cnn, i'll have to try and find the article or whatever online.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

HANNITY: Yes. You reveal in this book, there's been so much discussion about weapons of mass destruction, whether they had them, where they were stored, how they got rid of them, you know, when it came time for the United States to invade and where are they now? You answered these questions.

SADA: Well, I want to make it clear, very clear to everybody in the world that we had the weapon of mass destruction in Iraq, and the regime used them against our Iraqi people. It was used against Kurds in the north, against Arabs — marsh Arabs in the south...

HANNITY: Some people say they were destroyed. Did we still have them leading up to the invasion?

SADA: No, he had a very good organization that Saddam was created to show some of them but to continue to hide.

HANNITY: So he had them.

SADA: Yes.

HANNITY: Where were they? And were they moved and where?

SADA: Well, up to the year 2002, 2002, in summer, they were in Iraq. And after that, when Saddam realized that the inspectors are coming on the first of November and the Americans are coming, so he took the advantage of a natural disaster happened in Syria, a dam was broken. So he — he announced to the world that he is going to make an air bridge...

HANNITY: You know for a fact he moved these weapons to Syria?

SADA: Yes.

HANNITY: How do you know that?

SADA: I know it because I have got the captains of the Iraqi airway that were my friends, and they told me these weapons of mass destruction had been moved to Syria.

BECKEL: How did he move them, general? How were they moved?

SADA: They were moved by air and by ground, 56 sorties by jumbo, 747, and 27 were moved, after they were converted to cargo aircraft, they were moved to Syria.

BECKEL: So I assume this would not have happened without the permission of Damascus. Is that correct?

SADA: Well, of course, you know, when the aircraft would land in Syria, they must have some sort of agreement between the two.

BECKEL: So the Syrian government knows exactly where these weapons are today?

SADA: I think so. Because I am sure that these weapons have landed in Damascus. Where could they have gone?

BECKEL: OK, let me ask you a question. This may be a little tough, but I have to ask you this, general. You talked about the use of these weapons, and it's been documented. They're horrible, you said. And you were in the military during that time.

5. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Every DEM on the Hill was bitching about Saddam. Every DEM on the Hill was bitching about the atrocities in Somalia, Darfur, Iran, N. Korea on and on and on. Let us do something about it and they'll start marching and protesting to bring the troops home.

Murtha was talking about cutting and running Sunday....not some redeployment to do anything to N. Korea. If the dude can't see what's going on Iraq and stay the course, you think he's gonna support attacking N. Korea or Iran? Get real.

Like I said, they all want to save the world through sanctions and holding hands....oh, and tough talk. When the talkings done though, and you attack, we better not lose a soldier and it better be done in 2 weeks or the "quagmire"---Vietnam talk begins.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Oh, well I guess that settles it. One guy got second-hand imformation that said they were there, so I suppose we have to believe him.:hihi:

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

the natives are restless. :shock:

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Can't let 4th rate dictators push us around, how about first rate dictators like
    Saddam?
    Those of you using the WMD excuse aren't looking to smart this morning with
    todays headlines of hundreds of them found in Iraq!
    I don't expect the liberal press to cover that since that would ruin their
    talking points.

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

That wasn't one guy from Florida. That was a guy on the inside.

Nope, read the news today. Believe the news that WMD's, nerve gas and mustard gas were found by our troops.

I thought those UN inspectors said there were no WMD's in Iraq?

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

They had recovered nerve gas as far back as May of '04, when my cousin was over there. Problem was, it had been expired for years. Apparently, that stuff doesn't have a very long half-life.