Democrats are idiots...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JoeReckless, Jun 12, 2006.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

a small detail some miss.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I find this interesting.
    I thought one reason we went into Iraq was plain and simple
    WMD's?:confused:
    I also thought another reason was because the UN Inspectors were kicked
    out so they couldn't inspect "any" WMDs?
    I didn't realize we went to war for WMD's from 1991 forward only?
    I discredited the senior defense department myself unless you can show me
    a document that says we went to war for WMD's from 1991 and forward.

We shouldn't let a 4th rate dictator push us around?
    How about a 1st rate dictator like Saddam?
    How we do forget about terrorist camps that were found in Iraq by our troops
    or is that revised history like so many things now days such as the evil Americans dropped A bombs on Japan?

3. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Here you go Red....even fellow DEM's were embarassed by Murtha's Okinawa "redeployment" comments.

Oh, but you weren't and in fact thought that was a good idea.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/novak/cst-edt-novak22.html

''Well, it -- you know, they -- when I say Okinawa, I, I'm saying troops in Okinawa. When I say a timely response, you know, our fighters can fly from Okinawa very quickly.''

In fact, a Pentagon spokesman says it would take ''under a month'' to prepare and send a 4,500-man Marine Expeditionary Force 6,000 nautical miles from Okinawa to Bahrain and then 600 more miles to Baghdad. Murtha's Okinawa answer embarrassed Democratic House members who would not dream of criticizing publicly the former back-room pol who became an icon to the party's antiwar base last November by calling for an immediate troop withdrawal. His performance on ''Meet the Press'' reinforced dismay inside the party that Murtha, at age 74, has announced his candidacy for majority leader if the Democrats regain control of the House.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

OK, can you name one?

Come on, LC. That was an opinion column by Robert Novak of CIA leak fame, the most conservative reporter in Washington! :lol: There is not one comment by a democrat saying anything about Murtha in the article. It is only Novak's "idea" that Murtha is an embarrassment to Democrats. It is Novak spin trying to discredit Murtha by making silly suggestions that ground troops could support Iraq from there. Murtha speaks from a 37-year professional military career and he is starting to upset the conservative media who don't have an effective response to him. So they cloud the issue.

Not exactly. I said that there do exist very good reasons for needing troops in Okinawa--for Korea, not for Iraq. Nobody is going to return troops to Iraq once they are out. Troops could easily be redeployed to Kuwait if they were needed to return to Iraq. The only reason to deploy them to Okinawa would be to use them in the worsening Korean theatre.

Also, if you read the entire comment you realize that Murtha specifically referred to US bases in Kuwait, Bahrain, and Qatar for theatre redeployment. And also that they could be based outside the middle east.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

How many Koreans were in Miami plotting terrorist attacks?

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I guess that is one vote for redeployment to South Florida? :grin:

Tell me, how much damage can street criminals with a barrel of ammonium nitrate do versus the damage a lunatic with nuclear weapons and ICBMs can do?

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The truth is that they are out there among us. Do not relax your guard just because we haven't been attacked in 5 years. In fact, you should thank Dubya daily. The "lunatic" with nuclear weapons is being watched. He won't try anything, lest he join Uday, Qusay and Zarquawi in faux paradise.