Democrats call Zarqawi killing a stunt

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Deceks7, Jun 8, 2006.

1. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Makes sense. All Republicans are dirty bastards......well the American people keep electing dirty bastards for more governorships, congressional seats and presidents.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I mean they all as in Republicans and Democrats. I did have some verb subject agreement issues there. I'll edit my post.

3. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I gotcha. I don't think all DEM's or all Republican's are dirty, sleazy bastards. I happen to like and believe that Joe Lieberman is an honest Democrat. I don't agree with everything he says or does but he doesn't try to delegitimize the executive branch of our government either.

There's many good people in Congress who are doing things the right way, fighting for their beliefs and policies. I have no problem with that on either side. I just don't think we need to tear down people personally to get our policies accepted by the public.

I do it but I'm not a public official either. If I were in Congress I may have personally thought Clinton was a scumbag but I would have never said it in public because I have too much respect for the office to do that. I have more respect for the office than he did quite frankly and that's kinda sad....sad but telling.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This may be true, but I think the 2006 elections will find the republicans being judged (rightly or wrongly) based on their support for the unpopular George Bush. In 2008 with George Bush out of the way and a more popular Republican candidate, GOP Congressmen may get more of a break from the voters who will not paint them all with a neo-con brush.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I've watched 3 minutes of Fox News since I left home, in fact I've watched
    more CNN than Fox News, a whole 5 minutes since I have been here.
    I really don't have the time to do the research right now.

I've never said Republicans aren't guilty, I said I know that there are bad
    politicians on both sides of the aisle.
    I would rather point out Democrats to balance some of you so called moderates thank you.

Matter of fact I would argue that if you are a democrat you are rewarded for breaking the law
    or being dishonest some of the time.
    Ted Kennedy, McKenny who admitted she hit a policeman and she wasn't indicted, not only that but she is running
    again and Bill Clinton president.
    Must of been a democratic district.
    Btw I only watch sports most of the time!
    So do you believe when the Democrats talk about the culture of corruption like it only happens on the right?
    Are you playing Devils advocate, you can't be democrat and be against abortion?
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,199873,00.html
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192891,00.html
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192335,00.html

Is she guilty or not?

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

No, I think there is a culture of corruption, and it extends to both sides the aisle. I'm not a Democrat. I have no party affiliation, and I never will. I hate parties.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

this is my favorite quote of sourdough's. if a candidate for something said this i would love them and vote for them repeatedly.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

correction: i am the not "a" champion, i am "the" champion.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I can appreciate that, I get tired of the Republican party and some of the nonsense that goes on there but there is no alternative in my view.
    Where theres a group of people you will always have problems or corruption because people aren't perfect.
    That also seems to happen in a lot of churches.