Democrats call Zarqawi killing a stunt

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Deceks7, Jun 8, 2006.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I once read a pre 9/11 quote from one of Bush's advisors that something to the effect that Clinton had wasted alot of money and put alot of focus on finding the boogie man who didnt pose a threat in reality.

The historical record is very clear that Bush discounted Clinton's view that UBL was a threat to the U.S. until after 9/11.

2. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, Clinton did use military force in Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Serbia, Sudan, Afghanistan, and Iraq. He may have been reluctant, but he was not negligent. A President should be reluctant to use military force. I believe the record shows that Clinton used it more effectively and prudently than his successor.

4. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

And at the time he did, we hadn't been attacked inside our own borders, but the circumstances changed after he left office. Of course, maybe if he had been more "negligent" or less "reluctant", we wouldn't have been attacked in the first place.

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Actually, we were attacked inside our own borders in 1993 ... the 1st WTC bombings.

But Clinton treated it as a law enforcement matter and not as an act of terrorism.

6. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Can't believe I overlooked that :dis:, especially given Clinton's obsession with and self-proclaimed war on al-qaida.

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Actually, only one Democratic congressman made that asinine remark. Most Democrates would probably not agree with him and are glad that Zarqawi is dead, although they have not supported the Iraqi theater of the war on terrorism. In my opinion they are being very short-sighted, and are making decision and remarks based on political considerations rather than military ones. Kucinich is so far to the left that he would have sunk the Titanic had he been on it.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Bingo, this is the problem with the Democrats of today.
    They won't admit they are wrong, one reason is that they think this is the
    way to handle terrorism and this is why they will have a tough time getting
    elected.

Yes, let's not forget that we were attacked by Al Quada in 93, please.

How do some of these get elected?
    How about Robert Bird, Ted Kennedy, Charles Wrangell etc.
    Its called winning by default, all you have to do is show up in heavily Democratic areas, voting doesn't really matter in these areas.
    Sure there are probably some Republicans like this but I would consider some
    of these guys less conservative and more middle of the road such as
    Arlen Specter and John Mc Cain.

Richard Clarke :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    This dude was only trying to sell a book like Ann Coulter.
    I love how CNN had the deck stacked tonight and ONLY had Democrats on Larry King Live.
    Gotta give the Liberials and their media credit for the way they are able to
    spin things and try and enfluence gullable people out there.
    Cindy Sheehan, then these Liberal women, its no different.
    I feel sorry for these people losing their loved ones but its a shame that
    they use it for political gain.
    These people were lucky however for the out pouring from Americans and
    government.
    They got a lot more attention and money than those did from the OKC bombing, Embassy bombings overseas, the Cole not to mentions the soldiers who have died over the years.

Back to Ann Coulter, I love it how Michael Moore and others trash Republicans
    not to mention Democrats calling Bush a murderer and should be killed and
    no one cares but let a Republican do something and all hell breaks loose.
    Whats worse?
    What Ann Coulter says or what some Democrats have said?
    Thats perspective.

Sorry you had to defend Ted Kennedy Red!:lol:

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I like Ann Coulter. She speaks for me. Geaux Ann.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i think ann coulter is a lunatic, but she isnt as destestable as her liberal equivalent because she isnt really a phony. in fact i think the main thing i notice between what is currently called liberal and conservative is that liberals disguise self-interest as altruism. the general goal of a liberal is to present a pious image while ignoring reality. of course conservatives have some serious issues with reality too, but for a completely different reason.

the self-serving quasi-conservative is a rarer breed, but they exist (bill oreilly). and they dont try to impress you by how much they are caring, they try to appeal to simplistic kinda populist values to recruit followers to feed their egos.

oh and also when ann coulter says something ridiculous it comes off as more funny than smarmy, like it would if it came out of al franken.