Democrats call Zarqawi killing a stunt

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Deceks7, Jun 8, 2006.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Four.

1. The 1993 WTC bombings -- The islamic terrorists resonsible were caught and prosecuted quickly.

2. The Oklahoma City bombings -- The right-wing terrorists were caught, tried and prosecuted. One was executed.

3. The Olympic bombings -- The right-wing terrorist was identified, but was not caught until the Bush era, when a deputy found him scavenging a dumpster.

4. The Millenium bombings -- The islamic terrorists were discovered and caught before they could carry out the planned terror, which was on a 9/11 scale.

In the Bush Era there have been two.

1. The 9/11 bombings -- The mastermind, bin Ladin, and his top deputies have not been captured. One 9/11 planner has been captured in Pakistan (being held somewhere classified) and one operator was captured in the US before the event (Moussawi was sentenced to life). Al Qaida bases in Afghanistan were invaded and occupied.

2. The Anthrax mailings -- The perpetrator has never been found.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

They were all abandonned by the Bush administration.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

That's some funny stuff, supa.

Let me make sure I understand your point... the 9/11 attackers didn't start planning and entering our country illegally until after Bush took office in January, '01?

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

No that is not my point at all. I don't know how you got that. My point was that Clinton administration warnings about the threat of terrorism were ignored by the Bush Administration. It is a matter of public record.

5. red55

Who said it was closed? What I said was that there was no country to invade because of it. Clinton did contiue to pursue islamic terrorists including two direct missile strikes specifically intended to kill bin Ladin. He also pursued diplomatic, economic, and special operations intended to get al Qaida. See the 9/11 Commison Report listed above. Did you forget?

We did find out that Khalid was consulted for advice about the 1993 WTC attacks. But he was not a participant until 9/11 on Bushes watch. And Bush actually caught him to his credit.

"We must not tolerate illegal immigration. Since 1992, we have increased our Border Patrol by over 35%; deployed underground sensors, infrared night scopes and encrypted radios; built miles of new fences; and installed massive amounts of new lighting. We have moved forcefully to protect American jobs by calling on Congress to enact increased civil and criminal sanctions against employers who hire illegal workers. Since 1993, we have removed 30,000 illegal workers from jobs across the country." -- Bill Clinton, 1/1/1996

The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 severely restricted the availability of suspension of deportation - the remedy traditionally available to deportable aliens who have resided in the U.S. for considerable periods of time. Under the old law, suspension could be granted, at the discretion of the immigration judge. LINK

Clinton conducted four airstikes against AL Qaida targets in Sudan. Sudan had begun to moderate its position due to Clintons military actions and international pressure (see Wikipedia). But now they have reverted and are comitting genocide in Darfur. Why? Because the Bush administration has not kept up the pressure in Sudan, which is now an islamic terrorist refuge.

Clinton was awake, it was Bush that slept until 9/11. Clinton hit Al qaida targets six times, but Bush took no action until awoken on 9/11. (see 9/11 Commission Report)

6. red55

So . . you admit that Clinton did take action and that he did have anti-terrorism policies? Perhaps they were no more effective than those of the Reagan and Bush 41, but the notion that Clinton did nothing is pretty much out the window.

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

C'mon Red, that's a joke. Think back prior to 9/11. Americans really weren't all that concerned with terrorism in this country like we are now. Our government was not on high alert in this country prior to 9/11.

The terrorism alarm bell did not sound after the 1993 WTC bombing. It took 3,000 dead Americans for our government to sound the alarm.

We weren't prepared in 1993. We weren't prepared in 2001. We better be prepared next time.

8. red55

Not true, TW. Clinton had already taken action to attack bin Ladin and to thwart the Millenium bombing plot, which was in this country. Neither 1993 nor 2000 caught the heart and soul of the American public like 2001 did. But the Clinton administration was aware.

I quite agree.

Absolutely.

9. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I think our difference of opinion is much more about our definitions of "addressing" a threat than waging war. Effective use of the military does not always mean a declared war, but you already know this, as evident by your constant boasting over Clinton's vain firing of missiles somewhere, supposedly, in the vicinity of bin Laden. My opinion, something a little more stern than that and making useless bribes to the Taliban would have been a good place to start, though. As to the magnitude of the force used, I guess I favor whatever it took. But, I know....Bush has waged a full blown war and still hasn't gotten him. But, it might have been easier to get to him back then, not to mention, Clinton was such a great military strategist, I'm sure he wouldn't have had any problem getting him, if he hadn't been distracted by "other" things.

I'll post the same quote I posted earlier, from Nebraska Democrat Bob Kerrey. I like it.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Interesting...
    I didn't praise Ann Coulter, all i pointed out is how the left spin machine and
    the media works, Democratic politicians and others write books
    such as assasination of Nixon, even talking about assasination of Bush 43
    yet no one notices or cares.

Its the left throwing people out there trying to bring down the right.