Democrats Convention

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

My objectional take on the this convention, Kerry, Clinton, and Carter are still just worthless a#sholes.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Did anyone se O'Reilly's interview with Susan Crumlich? She's one of Fox's liberal news analysts. O'Reilly was disgusted with Planned Parenthood's hawking of "I had an Abortion" T-Shirts and Crumlich, a card carrying Planned Parenthood member argued that women need to know that abortion crosses all political, economic and religious lines. She mentioned that she did have an abortion (or maybe abortions) and she has 2 kids (whom she loves more than life itself) to show for 5 prgnancies. She seemed to be real proud of the fact. She implied that one of the pregnancies was a result of a rape, though she didn't come out and say it. She said she was raped and, I presume, she hoped we'd make the asssumption. O'Reilly should have asked her if her kids ever ask about the lost bothers and sisters that she deemed were unworthy of life.

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

If your wife gets raped by Mike Tyson, you're not going to think about abortion?

I'm Pro-life but..........................

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Not to make light of a horrible crime, but if that happened to my wife I would also abort Mike Tyson.

5. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I believe more rapists and murderers should be aborted, but I guess that's another issue in itself.

6. SabanFan

I GUARANTEE you my wife would never consider an abortion regardless of the circumstances. I would consider terminating the existence of the perp, however. The unborn child had no chance at life. The rapist had his chance and he blew it.

7. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

This could turn into an explosive topic, quick.

8. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

I agree with stem cell research - but this post is asking for something that already exists. Stem cell research is currently going on here in the United States. It is not illegal - so to say the govt should step aside and let science research is asking for what is currently taking place. The difference is deciding if the govt wants to fund this research, which I think they should and then how much. Stem cell research has increased under the Bush administration, just not to the degree that pleases most.

9. SabanFan

Please, let's not cloud the issue with facts.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont disagree with that. i dont think the government should fund any research at all, but if they do, they should fund stem cell research more that most anything else, without any worries whatsover about religious concerns.

i would be happy if the government never funded a single bit of research on any disease. but if they are going to take my money, i dont want them to hesitate to do important research because of mindless "ethical" stupidity.

bush signed an executive order banning government funding for embryonic stem cell research beyond a particular group of cells that were already in existnce. essentially stopping use of new embryonic cells for government research. very stupid, and a foolish waste of my money to not do the most possible research on stem cells, because of silly ethical/religious concerns.