Democrats Convention

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jul 26, 2004.

1. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

If embroytic stem cell research is so useful why isn't the private sector rushing to fund it, instead of relying on public funding? Bush is against the government funding- he isn't interefering with it anywhere else. He is also the first President to fund it all- for the existing embryos.

Ron Reagan is a condescending loser. I had to laugh when the media referred to him as a "Republican". The man has never been a Republican, all he wants to do is have the floor to blast Bush. He did it at his own father's funeral. His hatred for W comes off as pure jealousy. He the son and namesake of a President went on to be a ballarina and dog show host. Bush the son and nakesake of a President went on to be a Governor and President.

Theresa is a wackjob. Very interesting lady, but with all her talk about "women's rights" around the world she forgot to mention the millions of recently freed women in Afghanistan and Iraq. I'm sure it was just an oversight.

Dennis Kucinich is an odd man. Al Sharpton did the Republicans proud with his anti-Bush ranting and raving and of course lying.

I was very disappointed in John Edwards. He is usually a great speaker and can make the BS coming out of his mouth sound sincere. He rushed through his speech, it sounded way to scripted, it was full of contradictons, full of cliches, and he just sounded like a total politician making promises to everyone. He ripped off Bushes "You can't run, you can't hide" which made me laugh. I'm sure the terrorists of the world are shaking in their boots. The Dems are also trying to still the Repubs platform. I'm sure the Dean and Kucinich people love that. Nader might have got a few more votes.

Very boring convention all to be brought to an end with 55 minutes of Kerry. I think Bush may get the bounce.

Did y'all know John Kerry was in Vietnam?

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Maybe Ronnie Jr. was in Boston to get married. :shock:

Yeah. For all of 4 months. Big hero.

By the way, nice post Ashgeaux. :thumb:

3. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Here is an interesting bit of news from the Democratic Convention. Nothing to do with stem-cell research, but interesting anyway.

The Muslim imam who gave a closing benediction at the Democratic National Convention in Boston also served as a character witness to Sami al-Arian, the Florida professor indicted by the U.S. Justice Department on 50 counts of terror-related charges.............

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39701

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

if the government is going to take my money to fund disease research, why dont they throw out their BS ethical concerns and just do research? why restrict use of embryonic stem cells?

the real solution is for the government to not do any research. but if they feel justified taking my money to do research, i dunno why my money has to have childish ethical restrictions from doing the most effective research. and that means funding research on new embryonic stem cells, which bush has banned. and so he has slowed important research into cancer, parkinson's diabetes, etc....

if you arent willing to use my tax money to do the best research, then why take my money at all? leave it to private industry.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

objectional? did you make that word up? objective? objectionable? both?

6. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

I agree. If I had my way the federal government would only fund the military.

My point is that the importance of embroytic stem cell research has been highly disputed. If it were such a big deal it would get the funding it needed from private backers instead of having to depend on the government. Like adult stem cells.

Bush uses ethical reasons to say no, (which I agree with) but I wish he would say no because it's not the governments responsibilty. But that's not how to get re-elected.

Seriously, why was this never an issue under Clinton (or was it)? I can't remember what brought this up. I just remember the weeks leading up to Bush's announcement.

7. SabanFan

The key phrase in his post was "worthless a#sholes"

8. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

I think he and Joe Scarborough are already making plans.

Hey now, he won 3 Purple Hearts. That's impressive especially when they are self-inflicted wounds and you had to beg for them.

20 years in the Senate, 30 years in public office. Running a campaign on less than 4 months you spent in a war which you denounced when you returned. It just doesn't get much better than that.

9. SabanFan

Yeah, but he makes a hell of a pitcher of kool-aid.

10. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

When you hate Bush as much as some of these people you'll drink anyone's kool-aid. Doesn't make it good. :thumb:

As the Reverand Al says it's all about the kool-aid.... and the "childreennnn".