Democrats Vying for Presidential Nomination

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Not exactly what happened in the Republican primaries last time @Tiger in NC We got Trump over vastly more qualified and capable candidates such as Jeb Bush, maybe Kasich and others. The visceral distrust and hatred of HRC (well founded) vaulted him into the presidency.
    I expect to see a similar reaction from the Democrats in 2020. They hate Trump so much they will look for the candidate that is his alter ego on the radical left of the party.
    Who ever wins will continue to send the country sliding down the road to disorder I’m afraid.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That’s the real problem with the Democrats.....Beto is a moderate to them. That party is going so far left they’re falling over a cliff.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ER was a good show.

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I don't know, honestly. I am just starting to learn about the candidates and frankly when you mentioned this position of his I had never heard it. I've been out of the country for a few weeks so I am catching up. At first glance it seems like a waste of money to tear down existing fencing and a policy more rooted in ideology than practicality.

When compared to some of the other candidates who've entered the fray thus far, he is moderate. I've only heard him speak a few times but he's charismatic, an excellent public speaker and I like the fact that he almost won a state wide election in Texas against a sitting US Senator. In fairness, as I said above I've been a little out of the loop for a few weeks so I am catching up.

Cruz was barely able to defeat him in TEXAS. TEXAS!

5. Tiger in NC

I fear the same thing. I am hopeful that a good candidate will arise from the pack but I am sure you hoped the same in 2016. Somehow the fringes of our politics have become the mainstream. Trump is the epitome of the fringe right. There is a lot of time to speculate but when the debates start this summer we will get a much better idea of who will emerge as the most serious candidates. I think, by my count, there are like 25-30 Dems who are either thinking about getting in or who have already done so. Should be interesting if nothing else....

6. Tiger in NC

If this is true then the Republicans are already at the bottom of the canyon, my friend.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

IMO this is what we should hope to happen. You'd have to think that if they run on that ridiculous green deal platform it's a loss right?

Look at the number of people leaving the far left strongholds like NY and Cal, Connecticut and such.

Liberal policies just suck so bad.

LSUpride123 and Winston1 like this.
  8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

From a narrow political purposes yes. However for the best future both sides need to walk back from the edge.
    Our founding fathers established a system that allows for debate, balance and compromise. It’s a system that relies on a peaceful transfer of power between competing interests. They realized there will always be differences in opinion and no one side could hold a monopoly on power forever without a breakdown of the social order. Compromise isn’t a dirty word but a necessity if our country is to flourish and continue to be the place we cherish.