Democrats Vying for Presidential Nomination

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Feb 9, 2019.

1. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I dont know how you get past the fact that if everyone has a dollar everything will cost 2 dollars.

HalloweenRun and Bengal B like this.
  2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Yo, Shane!

[​IMG]

CajunlostinCali and Bengal B like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

MOOOOOO!

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Still pro-Gabbard; DNC trying to keep her out of the next debates.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

[​IMG]

Fuck Dem.

6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

None of the current dem candidates have wowed me. I'm probably most impressed with Yang. He is the only candidate who is addressing the very real issue of AI. Robots are taking jobs at an alarming rate and that trend will only continue. I went into a McDonalds recently that had no one at the counter, just a kiosk where you ordered and paid. After ordering you sit down with your number and an employee brings out your food. Factory jobs, the kind that helped build our middle class, are dying at the fastest rate due to automation. Just think about the jobs that have been lost over the past decade due to automation....anyone remember Blockbuster video stores that were in every little town in the country? Where do you get those movies today? A box outside the grocery store called redbox? netflix? At some point we will have to deal with this reality and determine how we, as a society, will move forward without enough jobs for the population.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I think your worries about the challenge of automation and Ai NC. We’ve gone through these sea changes before and more than weathered them. Of course there will be pain and many will be challenged. However as doors are closed new ones are opened. Sorry I don’t have time to go into details but we can later.
    As to the democrat candidates every one is scary and proposes programs and policies that are anathema to our constitution. Again I look forward to discussing this with you later.
    We’re presented with a Hobson’s Choice of two more than unattractive unacceptable candidates. I don’t know what I’m going to do.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Just, LOL:

Elizabeth Warren
    @ewarren
    On my first day as president, I will sign an executive order that puts a total moratorium on all new fossil fuel leases for drilling offshore and on public lands. And I will ban fracking—everywhere.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

The democrat candidates are falling all over themselves to give the election to Trump. There are more crazy left wing ideas being presented that can’t be retracted and will scare the electorate enough to give Trump a real shot.
    This election will be dumb vs dumb and the country is the loser.

el005639 likes this.
  10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Actually, i see progress. Until recently too many people bought the demigod portrayal of politicians. Good or bad ,no matter what, they'll take credit for any good, blame the opposing party for all the bad, and try to get their names on buildings, bridges, statues...and don't get me started on the presidential libraries.

Vote for the clown that will steal less from you and believes in the most freedom for the individual.