DeMontrel Wilson commits

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by BostonBengal, Mar 8, 2006.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Per rivals.

Wilson is 6-foot-5 & weights 300 lbs. He's said to be one of the top O-linemen in the state as well as the surrounding states.

Gotta love the fact that when asked why he committed so early, his reply was, "to get other schools off my back." and said that he's "done" with recruiting.

Welcome to LSU big guy!

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I hope so, but I don't count any recruit as a Tiger until the ink is on the paper.

3. BostonBengal

Recruiting in the 21st century does have that effect on us doesn't it? I hear ya....I'm like 60/40 when it comes to being concerned about keeping the commitment and with being excited about the early commitment.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

It seems to go both ways...I can't remember a year, recently, where we lost a bunch of players and didn't gain any back. Even this year loosing Cox and Tillman, we still gained Deas and Eugene...

I'm not saying we shouldn't worry about defections, but I have learned not to worry too much about it since we always seem to even out...

5. BostonBengal

I really only worry (ok...I TRY to only worry) about defections from players at positions of need for us... But as long as recruits from positions we look to need almost immediately, as long as they're solid on their commitments, I'm ok.

Tillman was a tough loss....but it was a little easier to swallow given the fact that we were in a position of strength as far as the DE's were concerend (in terms of depth and youth). ...and had we lost Cox, AND NOT picked up Jai, then I would have been really worried about our CB depth beyond '06.