Dems to take America in a "New Direction"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You forget Barney Frank was seducing his male pages. How about big John Edwards. There are many on both sides and to me they make for better comedy than reason to remove. I was not behind impeaching Bill C.
    My favorite is from long ago when a D congressional big wig (forget his name) crashed his car with the Argentenian Bombshell Fanny Fox in the middle of DC.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Actually it was a male prostitute-a consenting adult. Frank is openly gay, not much of a scandal.

That was exactly my point.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No he did interns too. You're right about prostitutes is no big deal and I was agreeing with you

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

gyver and Winston1 like this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Whopping growth there.....but wait isn't it W's fault anyway...or maybe those dirty Rs. This administration has reached a new high I mean low in avoiding responsibility and trashing anyone who they believe they can blame.

6. red55

No, the huge growth since 2009 is all on Obama. The huge 2008 losses are on Bush.

Examples? You keep expecting Obama to claim credit for the economic crash that happened before he became president. How naive can you get?

7. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I really don't understand the world you live in unless academics are getting huge growth in salary. Lowest workforce participation in decades, highest welfare and food stamps participation ever and even the Obama Times admits it is bad. Economic recoveries happen as part of the cycle, but this one is anemic at best. It is the administration getting in the way with a ton of regulations and bad policy. Oh, and the debt isn't getting any smaller. Keep on printing to keep Wall Street happy! The Democrats were in charge of the purse since January of 2007 until 2011 so you can't lay it all on Bush.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/01/business/economy/us-economy-barely-grew-in-first-quarter.html?_r=0

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. red55

Well, you really do not understand GDP, perhaps.

Unemployment is 6.3% and dropping.

Your politics are showing.

That is because you have laser focus on one quarter while wearing blinders on the last 6 six years. This quarter was not even a GDP loss! Just a flattening out of the curve of steady improvement since the low point in 2009. The recession lasted less three quarters before positive GDP was regained and there have been 18 quarters of growth since then. Growth in the current quarter seems to be picking up as well. Cherry-picking a single quarter is not fooling anybody. The graph shows that we have recovered to pre-recession levels and it is not surprising that growth is flattening.

[​IMG]

Oh, really! Well here has been a Republican House in charge of the purse since 2010 but you lay all of you criticism on Obama. You can't have it both ways.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

More people are leaving the work force than are entering. But sure. Everything is gravy.

gyver likes this.
  10. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Your politics are showing...YOU blamed it on Bush, took no responsibility for Dem. control of the purse and your shit numbers that are getting better are under the Republican House. But of course you are neutral...