Dems to take America in a "New Direction"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jan 17, 2007.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Man, this homer is not "in control of the educational system"! Where the hell did you get such an idea? He is one of thousands who developed a new curricula standards. Good ones. Common Core does not put anyone "in control of the educational system" anyway. It just tries to establish a common base level from which states are entirely free to build upon. This is just more Republican anti-government hysteria.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well no shit he isn't solely in control (and I never said he was.........), but I would bet majority of the people who are think like that. This White privilege has been picking up steam with liberals.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Selective reading you have. Correct your mind I will:

"Which leads me to my point that if people like him are in control of the education system"

That "IF"....

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@LSUpride123 pride, I think what this guy is saying is that he was privileged to attend a school where the standards are higher than they are at poorer schools like the "Roberto Clemente HS" he mentioned. So he helped to write uniform standards for all schools, presumably standards equal to what he feels he was "privileged" to enjoy. He also clearly feels he was held to a higher standard in school, and so it can logically be assumed that the new equal standards will be more rigorous for those "less privileged" (my quotes, not his) schools. What's wrong with this?

5. red55

Well, "IF" he's a racist, then he's a racist!

tirk likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I was clear in that my issue is people like him attaching the race card to almost everything these days...

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Exactly. He interjected "white privilege" on purpose. He knew what he was saying and the crowd responded. No one needed that. Attach the pejorative enough and it sticks.

He got on with his further point, which is a good one without "white privilege".

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. red55

My issue is people trying to make something out of nothing. Like whoever titled that video. If it had been titled "Common Core author cites past privileges as motivation to develop educational standards", it would have been more accurate, but no bait for scandal mongers.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea, the title is jacked. I agree..