Dems to take America in a "New Direction"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jan 17, 2007.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Thanks, enjoyable read.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Prove it.

Obama never created hedge new permanent entitlements like "No-Child" and "Medicare Prescription Drugs". Even with the Stimulus spending (which is temporary) governed spending has slowed under Obama.

[​IMG]

What scandals do you have to match with . . .

Lying about mythical WMD's to stage a war in Iraq.
    Ignored formal report that bin Ladin was determined to attack in the uS 30 days before 9/11.
    Blackwater and Haliburton no-bid contracts in Iraq, $12 billion unaccounted for.
    Hurricane Katrina mismanagement.
    Abu Gharib prison abuse.
    Assault and deportation of Alberto Gonzales.
    US Attorney firings resulting in the Attorney General resigning.
    "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!"
    Commuted the life sentence of Lewis Libby for exposing CIA agents,

Damn right I am. Are you paying attention? Illegal border crossings under Obama are the lowest in 40 years.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/13/politics/fact-check-immigration/

HO

What constitutional provision has Obama violated?

Not lately. This is not Ronald Reagan's Republican party anymore. The GOP under Reagan and Bush I was closer to the center than the Teddy Kennedy Democrats. But Bush II ( who I voted for in 2000 because I thought he would be like his father) turned sharply to the right and it has gone further right since then. It is so far from center now that they may never be able to swing the moderates again.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

1.4% of what... I'd like you to answer the total number please....

Head in sand..... Prove Bush "lied"...........

So what did he do exactly? I mean, if they are all already over here, who's left?

Which ones did Bush?

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Race To The Top is Obama's version of NCLB. One of the biggest educational scams ever and includes so many technological back room handshakes, it's laughable.
    As with all numbers to do with the fed spending, they don't always tell the truth.

Obama plans to spend $3.58 trillion in 2013, citing the Congressional Budget Office budget outlook. But this figure is CBO’s baseline budget, which assumes no laws are changed, so this figure gives Obama credit for automatic spending cuts that he wants to halt.

The correct figure to use is the CBO’s analysis of the president’s 2013 budget, which clocks in at $3.72 trillion.

So this is what we end up with:

2008: $2.98 trillion

2009: $3.27 trillion

2010: $3.46 trillion

2011: $3.60 trillion

2012: $3.65 trillion

2013: $3.72 trillion

Under these figures, and using this calculator, with 2008 as the base year and ending with 2012, the compound annual growth rate for Obama’s spending starting in 2009 is 5.2 percent. Starting in 2010 — Nutting’s first year — and ending with 2013, the annual growth rate is 3.3 percent. (Nutting had calculated the result as 1.4 percent.)

Of course, it takes two to tangle — a president and a Congress. Obama’s numbers get even higher if you look at what he proposed to spend, using CBO’s estimates of his budgets:

2012: $3.71 trillion (versus $3.65 trillion enacted)

2011: $3.80 trillion (versus $3.60 trillion enacted)

2010: $3.67 trillion (versus $3.46 trillion enacted)

So in every case, the president wanted to spend more money than he ended up getting. Nutting suggests that federal spending flattened under Obama, but another way to look at it is that it flattened at a much higher, post-emergency level — thanks in part to the efforts of lawmakers, not Obama.

Another problem with Nutting’s analysis is that the figures are viewed in isolation. Even 5.5 percent growth would put Obama between Bill Clinton and George W. Bush in terms of spending growth, but that does not take into account either inflation or the relative size of the U.S. economy

5. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Mesicans started deporting themselves under this administration. No jobs, no need to leave home.

7$ trillion dollars in national debt. Fewer taxs, $2 gas, and .99 cent cokes. Utilities and groceries were cheaper also. We even had less govt/public spying. Under Bush's command we lost fewer soldiers in 2 wars over 8 yrs when compared to Barry's command in 4.
    Good times those days were.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You must think the apocalypse has happened if you consider the days under Bush as good times. In the grand scheme of things I don't think Obama has done a terrible job. Socially we have come a long way in his 8 years but it wasn't enough. With gerrymandering of districts it doesn't look like Republicans will ever lose control of Congress, and that is a bad thing.

I'm telling you broseph, if a Republican, started championing social issues and being on the right side of those issues, equal work for equal pay, no discrimination of LGBT, leave abortion alone, and legalize pot, I would campaign for that guy, because I tend to agree with their fiscal policies. Except Voodoo economics, that shit doesn't work.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Let me also say this. I don't like Obama because I do feel that he is not really a progressive. In fact I would think that most people like me who are more libertarian would agree that Obama really is just another corporate shill in disguise as President. I don't think he has completely fucked this country up which is a bonus these days, but he damn sure didn't live up to the hype. And for those that told me in 2008 that I would feel this way, including the guy who authored this thread mr. SabanFan, and Shane, you were right.

KyleK, shane0911 and LSUpride123 like this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This dude is just bad news man. I still think the bastard is going to find a way to stay POTUS except he will rename it King or Czar or Supreme Ruler of the downtrodden or some shit like that. Bad bad news.

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'd like you prove your previous statement like I asked instead of trying to change the subject. 1.4% rate of budget growth. Can't you read a graph? Now, you still haven't proved your original point.

Once again you change the topic instead of replaying and offering any Obama scandals to match the list I gave. You can't do it, so you evade.

How did he lie? He said the WMD's were there and Runsfeld said "and we know where they are", even though our own inspectors had told us that the WMDs' had been destroyed. He lied. If he didn't lie, then the only explanation is that his own people lied to him and he is responsible for his own people.

I gave you proof that your statement is wrong. The statement above is wrong, too. Most Mexicans are still in Mexico, obviously. You clearly can't back up your statement with any evidence. All you do is try to change the subject and question the evidence I provide. Fail.

Stop trying to answer questions by evading and asking another question.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You are the one who made the point in 2007. The deficit has skyrocketed. Look at anything you want. You just simply cherry picked 1.4%... You pulled a Fox news on me.

How did I evade. I laughed..... You are the one who offered up "Bush Lied" so umm.. Back it up boy.

Still waiting for proof....

All you did was quote a CNN article which btw references no policy changes...

Further in the article YOU POSTED this was the conclusion:

The figures can be tough to interpret. Often, the same person is caught more than once, "and then the flip side of that phenomenon is there's no way of knowing how many you missed counting, how many do get through," said Dan Kowalski, editor of Bender's Immigration Bulletin and an immigration lawyer at the Fowler Law Firm in Austin, Texas. "So, you get what you measure. In other words, you count what you count."
    :eek:

Conclusion:
    Obama's comments appear to accurately summarize the current state of illegal immigration, though it's impossible to determine with certainty how many illegal crossings may have occurred.

You crack me up Red.. LOL

Again, you said in 2007 Bush did. You responded by asking me a question.....

Follow along cup-cake:
    upload_2014-3-31_15-19-52.png

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    LSUTiga likes this.