Dems to take America in a "New Direction"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jan 17, 2007.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It may be, but it's NOT a new entitlement that costs $ billions, its a small fraction of "No Child", which was also a bad program.

Numbers can surely be spun, how are you going to spin them?

His budgets are also saddled with the costs of Bush's two new entitlement programs and the continuing costs of his wars. Two can spin numbers.

Yes, by all means, you can change the numbers to something you like better. When Rutting wrote the piece in 2012, final 2013 budgets were not available.

Well, 2010 was Obama's first budget, so you must start there if you wish to be honest. And 3.3% is still the lowest budget growth since the 3.2% Clinton years.

We cite presidents for the money spent on his watch, not what he "wanted" to spend or what Congress "wanted " to spend. Every President has had to deal with a Congress in actual charge of the budget.

Explain exactly how inflation or the relative size of the economy changes the method of calculating the rate of growth.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Can't claim Osama's head if you want to pass the costs on to someone else.....

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Two huge unfunded wars and the worst market crash since the Great Depression (all under Bush) have taken a toll, for sure.

I actually cited a real source. Something you won't do.

I just did, Gilligan! You evaded by failing to providdee the list of Obama scandals that compare with Bush's. And you have now failed to do so again.

Wait till hell freezes over. I'm sick of backing up my points with evidence while you never do. You just ask new questions. I'm not playing that game any more.

And you have cited nothing to dispute it.

OK, I can make you a list of Bush Constitutional violations. But you will still fail to offer one in return. Tell you what . . . I'll give you a few and see if you got anything at all.

How about Guantanamo Bay prisoners? It is a violation of the Constitution to hold them indefinitely without trial. Bush maintained that foreigners were not protected by the Constitution, but the Supreme court has ruled several times that foreigners on US soil are constitutionally protected. They have also ruled that the Guantanamo Bay base is US soil.

Bush claimed an inherent power to imprison American citizens whom he has determined to be this country's enemies without obtaining a warrant, letting them hear the charges against them, or following other safeguards against wrongful punishment guaranteed by the Bill of Rights.

Under Bush America engaged in inhumane treatment of prisoners and torture — and when Congress passed legislation to ban such treatment, he declared he would simply interpret the law his own way.

Although the Constitution says treaties are the "supreme law of the land," the president has abrogated them on his own. The Anti-Balistic Missile Treaty with Russia among them.

4. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Bush was criticized for his handling if the USS Cole attack. He didn't go after those responsible. Along comes Benghazi. Hillary and Barry ignored request for extra security. Then Hillary watched it go down and ignored the pleas for help while Barry was chilling with his Love buddy.
    At least Bush didn't blame
    It on a YouTube video then have his people make the news and talk show circuit and try and spin it as an unorganized riot. Whatever happened to that director they blamed for inciting that riot anyway?

What about the expansion of NSA spying on American citizens, without a warrant. And the CIA spying on congress?
    The Barry care delays without congressional approval.
    Fast and furious.
    IRS targeting of conservative groups.
    The DOJ refusing to target voter intimidaters.
    And don't forget about Barry wanting to give a pass to the 11 million plus illegal immigrants over here. Bush likes Mesicans but Obama loves them apparently to the point of releasing the ones border patrol apprehended.

As for abortions. A woman can do what she wants with her body. Just don't make me pay for her and the baby daddies fuk up.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

LOL you are right Red. Obama has played every hand perfect. Man it is going to suck without him. Sure wish he could have another 8 years at it.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Your opinion on the matter does not constitute facts. You can not prove Bush lied to the public. Being wrong is not lying. If that were the case, go ahead and call Obama a liar.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It's new as of 2009. Not sure how much newer you want. "The Race to the Top program is a $4.35 billion fund created under the economic stimulus package (ARRA). It's a competitive grant program where states compete for federal funds by implementing education reforms......In his budget request for fiscal 2011, President Obama asked for a $1.35 billion expansion of the program."

Lipstick and pig, red. It's a program no different than NCLB. Fraud, cheating, favoritism, no proof that common core is effective, methodology does not accurately measure teacher effectiveness. It's an entitlement for school districts that want/need fed money and basically sell their soul to the feds in order to get it. At what price to the students? How much common core "stuff" have you reviewed?

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

SabanFan tried to warn us about big O. To think I thought he was over the top with his hate for that asshole in the white house.

gyver likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

yeah just SabanFan huh?

That list is long my friend. I'm on it as well as quite a few others.

gyver likes this.
  10. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Ditto here.
    I hope the IRS doesn't read TF.