Dems to take America in a "New Direction"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jan 17, 2007.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I hope they do. Fuck those assholes.

uscvball and gyver like this.
  2. LSUAthletics

LSUAthletics Founding Member

You give the impression that "No Child" was all Bush's when it was overwhelmingly a bipartisan effort. In fact, in the House, more Dems voted in favor of it than Republicans. (175 to 158) Only 6 Dems voted against it compared to 31 Republicans.

3. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Sounds like Bush just signed what appeared to be a favorable bill by a bipartisan congress then.
    Unlike Obamacare. It definitely wasn't bipartisan.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Is it an entitlement or discretionary funding? Entitlements being defined as programs like Social Security, Medicare, and No-Child that are required to be permanently funded by federal title.

I have no opinion yet on Common Core. I generally favor anything that increases the standards as long as they are achievable and the cost is reasonable. Feedback from teachers has been that "No-Child" is a dog.

5. red55

Nor can you prove that he did not. But I have offered reasons that suggest that he was lying. What have you got? Zero. He was either lying or he's incompetent.

Still no list of Obama scandals. More evasions. Typical.

6. red55

It was a George Bush initiative. Period. Conservatives that are embarrassed by Bush policies always try to suggest that it was somehow a democratic failure if any democrats support it. Iraq war, deregulation of Big Finance, No Child, whatever. The same old line-- Obama is responsible for everything that happens on his watch, but Bush is absolved of everything if any democrats voted for it.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Look, we can call it whatever you like but RTTT is just the Obama version of NCLB. NCLB is and was a horrible idea and program. It never would have worked just like RTTT, based on common core principles will not work. Common core does not increase standards and does not accurately measure teacher performance. And to borrow a phrase from Ms. Clinton.....what difference does it make? Teacher unions guarantee that underperformers will remain in the classroom teaching our kids really stupid things.

As a parent, I hated the STAR testing because the kids spent most of the school year in test prep mode. And now I detest common core because it is not focused on fundamentals. Here is a great example of my frustration, written far better than I could have, by a parent in dealing with a son's math assignment.

"Dear Jack,

Don’t feel bad. I have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronics Engineering which included extensive study in differential equations and other higher math applications. Even I cannot explain the Common Core Mathematics approach, nor get the answer correct. In the real world, simplification is valued over complication. Therefore:

427 – 316 = 111

The answer is solved in under 5 seconds: 111. The process used is ridiculous and would result in termination if used.

Sincerely, Frustrated Parent"

http://time.com/38816/dads-rant-about-common-core-math-problem-goes-viral/

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Your own personal reasons are not facts....

You have went from a full blown liar to incompetent. You might have something there, but it is nice that even you know what you said was foolish. We can debate the competency of presidents, but you have no proof to claim Bush lied.... Nor can I say Obama lied about aspects of Obama care, fact is, dude didn't even read it, aka incompetent.

Red, these battles are pointless with you. There have been scandals. Hell NSA for one (before you open your mouth, be clear that if you are to claim Obama did not know, then yea, he is incompetent), but like you always do your opinion will out-weigh whatever it is that I will say. You will say "fail", or some other trite comment to only in the end say they aren't classified as "scandals".

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This one needs a separate response...

Coming from you, I am shocked.

Might as well give your life to God then. Being that we can neither prove or disprove. Best make sure to have all your bases covered. Hell, can you even prove that you are not a homosexual? I can't. Or can I?

10. red55

I haven't studied Common Core, having no children, but this begs the question "Based on what?" It is touted as increasing standards and has support among many.

Most states don't have teacher Unions, so how does that affect Common Core where they don't exist.