Dems to take America in a "New Direction"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jan 17, 2007.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Then how about you make it clear what we are allowed to charge presidents with???

The same war that Obama credits Osama's head.....

Which is it?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nor are yours, but I try to substantiate what I assert with some evidence. You often do not.

Well, one of us is debating this and the other is saying "Oh Yeah?"

Then abandon them. We don't always have to end up agreeing and singing Kumbaya. I'm not upset that you disagree.

I never said Obama had no scandals, I asked you name any Obama scandals that compared with the ones I listed under Bush. You declined, does that sound better than failed?

So now you offer one. And I can agree that the NSA Scandal compares with the Bush Patriot Act wiretapping scandal. Which is why I didn't list that one. I listed several very big ones, though. Care to try another.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Like I said, there are no facts that point to he lied...

That isn't what you asked.

Let me start over so you can follow along"

in 2007 you said : "3. The republican political scandals will be ended." I responded with: "And replaced with Democrat ones"...... Still with me??? You then created a new conversation that has no baring on what I said. There have been scandals. In 2007 you proclaimed they would end. Well Red, they didn't. The severity is debatable which is something you have been "trying" to sing me up for.........

See my post above. I see no need for a pissing match. My dick is bigger than yours. Prove otherwise...

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Support among many? Which many? The states that initially supported it when it came attached with a carrot of massive federal funding for districts that give Pavlovian performance? The support for this program continues to erode. Alabama, Utah Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Wisconsin and Georgia were some of the first states to withdraw support last summer. And now New York is moving in that direction. "Tomorrow, hundreds of thousands of New York children from third to fifth grade will arrive at school and be asked to serve as guinea pigs in one of the most untested education experiments in history," Astorino said. "After speaking at length with my wife Sheila, who's a special education teacher, my children will join with thousands of other school kids statewide in refusing to take the Cuomo Common Core test".

Every state has a union that a teacher can join if they choose. Not all states require it but they have union presence if one chooses. The country's largest teacher union, NEA, has now withdrawn their support for common core. "President of the union, Dennis Van Roekel, says he still believes the standards can improve education, but he also says they need some major changes. He does not exclude rewriting some of the standards and revising the related tests.

Mr. Van Roekel says, “In far too many states, implementation has been completely botched.” This plan from the Obama administration was supposed to instill more rigorous language-arts and math instruction in public schools, but it appears this is another project that isn’t working out too well for them.

45 states plus DC have adopted these Common Core standards, but as lessons have been rolled out in classrooms, many are now questioning their effectiveness. Many people are also worried about the federal government’s role in this program. Indiana is close to pulling out of these standards, and several other states are starting to have serious debates about whether or not to remain a part of this system.

With 70% of teachers saying implementation of Common Core is going poorly, perhaps there is something to that. And most teachers say they haven’t even been asked for input on how to introduce the new standards. "

The thing is, this initiative is being pushed by Bill Gates and his foundation. That's what I meant by backdoor tech handshaking. I don't want this man dictating American education systems, nor foisting "his" weakass technology into classrooms across the country. If you take the time to really follow the money trail, it's sad and scary at the same time.

States with some of the strongest teacher unions also have some of the largest populations. I'm just one parent but I am so tired of seeing the older teacher with no interest in the kids or the curriculum continue to maintain employment when the younger, fresh and happy teachers can't seem to land a contract. I don't have all the answers and teaching is such a tough and unappreciated job IMO. Parents don't do near enough to make sure their kids are active and responsible participants in their own education. Common core does nothing to help. The feds need to get out of the education business.

5. LSUAthletics

LSUAthletics Founding Member

Not just any democrats supported it. A vast majority did (175 for and only 6 against!) and without them the bill wouldn't have passed. Period. Where's your disappointment in the democrats for supporting it overwhelmingly? Both Bush (republicans) and the democrats are to blame and anyone who is fair minded and not an ideologue would admit that. If republicans had supported Obamacare 175 to 6 it would be a bipartisan bill and both parties would be responsible for the outcome. Not just Obama. The vote breakdown for "No Child" proved it was supported by more democrats than republicans. Further proof that Bush was not as conservative as you try to make him out to be. Votes matter too. Not just who initiates a bill.

6. red55

Apples and oranges. We were talking about the expenses of the wars. Bush owns that 100% for Iraq. Obama owns half for Afghanistan.

7. red55

Well the republican political scandals ended didn't they?

New conversation my ass. I continued the conversation by asking you to list these democratic scandals that you had just referred to. And still we wait . . .

Dude, I don't give half a damn about your dick. Stop changing topics that you decline to answer. No one is fooled.

8. red55

The initiator takes the credit, makes it happen, and then he owns it. Sure votes matter, but the fact remains that it was a Republican bill initiated by Bush. It will always be known as a George Bush entitlement program.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Like I said, either you own it 100% or cut Osama's head in half and give Bush credit too. Further, I can quote you saying about a 100 times "Bush's TWO unfunded wars......""""

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yep, and replaced by Democrat ones..

Right, and I did not want to entertain a pissing match with you. My point was that Democrats have brought us scandals just like the "republicans" did. As well as Clinton getting his rocks off..... and; speaking of liars....

I guess I am still to young. I think penis jokes are funny still..... :oops: