Destiny in the hands of the Tigers!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerman7024, Nov 17, 2001.

1. tigerman7024

tigerman7024 Founding Member

With Ole Miss's loss to UGA today and Auburn's loss to Bama...LSU controls their own destiny!!! Who would have thought with three losses in the SEC that we could be going to Atlanta. This has been a crazy season and it is far from over.

Arkansas with their win today still has a shot at the SEC West Title, but of course they have to beat the Tigers. WON'T HAPPEN!!

Auburn still has to beat LSU to get to Atalanta, and that won't happen either.

It is funny how things work out, but if LSU can play consistant ball control offense and Saba and Co. continue the excellent work they started at Bama, then LSU will be headed to Atlanta on December 8, 2001. Everything will come down to December 1, 2001. LSU will be playing Auburn for the SEC West Crown and UT and Florida will be battiling it out for the SEC East Crown. I know I am gettng a little ahead of myself, but what the heck. We are only two wins away from our first trip to Atlanta and I am a little excited.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

The best thing happened yesterday. Auburn and Ole Miss losses put LSU's fate in their own hands, and Arkansas win put them against a better team next week, possibly ranked, it is always good to beat a better team. This is all contingent on LSU getting two wins, and that could be tough, but I think they can do it, but I'm conflicted about who I want the tigers to face in the SECCG. I think they would have a better chance of beating Tennessee, because we got a great run defense, and if the Tigers can shut down T. Stephens, it would tip the scale in LSU's favor. I think Florida would be tough to beat, but it would be a huge challange, and a darn exciting game to watch.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves though, we should just concentrate on the Ar Kansas game.

3. tigerman7024

[size=+2]LMAO!![/size]

Can't wait to get the "BOOT" back!! Should be a fun game, tailgating with Turkey sandwiches, what could be better! :D

4. ARK.

THIS WAS A VERY EXCITING WEEKEND. AUBURN LOOKED TOTALLY CLUELESS SAT. WHILE OLE PISS WAS BLOWING THE GAME. I HOPE THAT ROHAN STANDS UP TO THE BLITZES THIS WEEKEND. GONNA BE LOTS OF FUN ON DEC 1 IF WE WIN THIS WEEKEND.

5. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

one of the best things for LSU

is that they were in an off week when all of the circumstances occurred that will allow them to get to Atlanta. This team is young, and they now have a week in which Coach Saban can coach them up and get them to play, and a week to overcome the anxiety of the "win and we're in" scenario.

This is a huge game for this team and program, I am cautious, but I do feel like LSU is ready to take a major step. this West title, because it must be won by the Tigers with everything on the line, could define this program for years.

Lets do it!!

6. tigerman7024

One of two steps down.

Well we got win one of two yesterday against the Hogs, and what a game it was. Five turnovers yet the Tigers still managed to put up 550+ yards of offense. Very impressive win, the way the team stuck together and pulled off the victory. The defense played very well, and did an excellent job of containg Arkansas's "X" factor which is freshman quarterback Jones. He obviously did not have the same effect on this game as he did the Ole Miss game.

I was pleased to see our defense make some excellent stops and hard clean hits throughout the game. This was trully a team effort and noone ever gave up. I think if we continue to play this well as a team we will be on our way to Hotlanta.

Geaux Tigers.