Details about Evangel coach's sexual abuse charges

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ellis Hugh, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I had heard that there were claims that the Evangel coach had sex with a student, but I had NO IDEA just how horrible the extent was. Below is a link to the lawsuit filed. The story is beyond belief. Not only does it appear true, but the coaches/pastors/deacons of Evangel (including Josh/Abrahm Booty's father and Brock Berlin's father) tried to cover it up and tried to blackmail the family to keep it quiet. This story is worse than any soap opera or movie. I am stunned just reading this.

Lawsuit details - horrible!

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've been hearing about this for a while now also, but the details are simply staggering. I'd like to hear those 911 calls to see how it was translated into the article. Back in August, there was a front page story (sports section) in the Sunday Houston Chronicle about this but it was difficult to tell what exactly happened. I'm inclined to believe most of the transcripts released today. What does everyone else think? There are definitely some shady characters running the school and football program at Evangel.