DEUCE IS BACK IN BLACK & GOLD!!!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Jan 15, 2010.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I know about the emotional aspect but damn, it's not like you can put as many guys as you want in uniform and on the sideline. Will he actually play?

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I would assume someone got bumped - ir or something? most recent move showing on neworleanssaints.com was jan 5, so who knows.

my brother told me that PT's ribs are worse than they are reporting, so maybe it's for a little insurance also.

3. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

Can he play fullback?

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I don't think it has to directly do with Thomas and his ribs.

I do think it doubles as an insurance policy (in case Thomas gets hit again and makes the rib injury worse) as well as an emotional lift that Payton may think both the team and the fans need to get the ball rolling in the playoffs. I mean how do you not come out blazing after hearing this news? Players on this team know what Deuce has meant to this organization.

I also think Bell's recent troubles with running the ball effectively may have played into this.

Deuce is a great in pass protection and the thought process here may be gearing up for either Dallas or Minnesota, who will present troubles for Brees if we can chip or help out effectively from the RB position.

5. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Would ANYONE have guessed this? I figure RB injuries especially to PT's ribs and they couldn't have found anyone at this late hour who already knows the offense. Hope he is in shape. Also how do the Cards start game planning for him NOW?

6. islstl

We all know how great Deuce has been in short yardage and he is a pretty good blocker as well.

We may see him in tandem with Bush in the backfield with Deuce either getting a quick hitter or blocking for Bush to try to break one long.

7. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

I got to hear Deuce speak this summer at a banquet. He actually stepped in at the last minute because we were scheduled to have Steve McNair... Most times the speaker arrives only minutes before they are scheduled to take the podium and leave directly after. Not Deuce. He was there 30 minutes early signing autographs and talking to fans. He stayed late as well. His speech centered around his love for the game and the city, his faith in that he would play again and a "never give up" approach to life. The Saints are blessed to have such a great ambassador off the field.

8. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Awesome move by the organization. O any Saint player that deserved the added thrill of a playoff run, it is this man. He is the ultimate Saint.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

nola.com reports it as well. Rodney Leisle to injured reserve.

It will definitely be an emotional (though probably unnecessary) boost when he takes the field. I would think they might use him mostly as a blocking back in passing situations (where he was also always very good on screens, keep that in mind) and in short yardage.

edit: here it is on the Saints site:

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2010/1/Saints Re-Sign Deuce McAllister.aspx

10. islstl

Deuce will be inactive and an honorary captain for tomorrow's game.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Saints-res...-81734397.html

“I’m speechless,” said McAllister of re-joining the team. “I don’t know that there are words to describe this feeling. I do know that we have some unfinished business that we started a few years ago and we want to finish the deal.”

“Deuce is a huge part of the history of our club and of what has gotten this team to where we are today and we absolutely wanted him with us as we head into the playoffs,” Loomis said.

“Deuce McAllister has always embodied the spirit of the New Orleans Saints and the city of New Orleans,” said Saints Head Coach Sean Payton. “We’re excited to have him back with the team and to have him lead us out on to the field tomorrow.”