DEUCE IS BACK IN BLACK & GOLD!!!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Jan 15, 2010.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Okay, this makes more sense now.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I don't see that info anywhere in WWL's coverage. I'm more inclined to agree with Detillier and Hebert: you don't pull publicity stunts at this time of year. They signed him because they think he can help. And one of Deuce's underappreciated strengths is in blitz pickup. Looking at the Cards, and either the 'Boys or the Vikes down the road....Deuce was signed to be Brees' bodyguard in the shotgun, though he may get a few touches to keep the defense honest.

edit: that link didn't work, but the article is accessable directly on wwl's site now, so I see where you got it. Still think it doesn't make sense to sign him at this point if you don't intend to play him.

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

5. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

If he is active then this is absolutely amazing! He may be worth a TD for us just because the Cards are going to be saying WTF! Is this legal? Stay tuned.:popcorn:

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Wow, he is going to lead the team out onto the field? Could this be a move just to get the home crowd pumped up?

7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

It says on the team site that he practiced. Why would he practice if he doen't intent to play at all? Then again, I give up trying to make sense of SP's jargon.

8. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Check all of the team sites and see if we've signed Archie!! The Dome roof will melt!:rofl:

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

well that would be the only way he would ever make the playoffs.

10. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Ok here was I have heard so far.

He is signed and activated to the 53 man roster. (so he is on the team)

The Saints HAVE NOT released the 45 man playing roster (this is the people that can suit up and play of the 53 man roster)

The FRONT OFFICE released a statement saying that "They do not believe that Deuce will be included on the 45 man roster" (which means he would not play tomorrow if he isnt listed)

Also there is some speculation that this has been 3 weeks in the making...CSP contacted him 3 weeks ago and since then he has been at the training facility.

I think this is a move for next week game IF we win!!

Dallas put Brees on the ground move times this season THEN ANY OTHER TEAM and Minnesota aint no chump on defense either.

Personally I think Deuce has been brought in to help Bushrod against whatever team comes up next and be Brees bodyguard!!

The guy was one of the BEST Blocking backs that I have ever watched play!!!

I think they will place in on the 45 man roster so that he can run out in pads but I dont think he sees much playing time tomorrow if any at all.

Reguardless of what happens this is a CLASS move by the Saints and is a move that will register with future players for years to come...a kind of a do right by us and we will take care of you moment!