Devery Henderson runs a sub 4.2 fourty today....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBomber, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Soap

Soap Founding Member

Speed is great and all, but I don't trust any of these times done by a coache's stop watch. There was an article on some football site that shows how most of the times are false or not even close. I'd just thought I'd point that out. Nevertheless I think DH will be a good NFL receiver because of his speed and hands.

2. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Even if it wasn't my website, even if I didnt write the article, you should still link to the site rather than paste the whole story in the forum. It's common forum courtesy to the site owner and article writer.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

umm, I think i have posted a link in every other site I referred to. So sorry I forgot this time.

I post both link and story and will continue to do so as long as you list the author then that is my courtesy.

4. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I'm not trying to be mean, myself and many others have spent a lot of time on that article and everything else related to that site. It's nice to see someone referencing it, but it would be nice if people at least knew where it came from.

5. tirk

really? had no idea it was your site or article. nice work.

and yeah I always try to remember to post a link but if someone forgets, dont get your panties in a wad.

6. tirk

Back Page

The need for speed
    Posted: Thursday September 05, 2002 1:51 PM

Donte Stallworth hopes his speed will help his numbers during his rookie year. AP
    By Bob Harris, Special to CNNSI.com

So let's define "great speed"
    Before we start tossing numbers around, I feel compelled to qualify them somewhat.

For starters, obtaining "reliable" 40 times for NFL veterans ain't always easy. While there's not an NFL team out there that doesn't make a point of knowing a players' speed at any given time, it's not unusual for both the team and the individual in question to continue using a 40 time posted at the rookie combine or during a pre-draft workout as that players' "official" speed throughout his entire career.

The NFL scouting combine has been using electronic timing since 1990, but that’s one year after Deion Sanders set the standard against which all others are measured by running a 4.29 -- a standard that held up until February of this year when Donte’ Stallworth ran an “official” 4.26.

For the record, nobody else comes even close to those times -- at least not “officially.”

So now we see what company Devery is in. I knew 'many' havent ran a 4.2

just the very elite.

link

7. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

8. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

9. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Does anyone have Vincent's heisman pose that they can attach?

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I have no idea how this came into play for this thread.