Devery Henderson runs a sub 4.2 fourty today....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBomber, Mar 18, 2004.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Promoting it is not that same as taking credit for it, which is what you are doing if you don't post, link, etc. the source. It is a copywrite issue, so yes it is the responsibility of the poster to link it or at least provide the source.

There is also a little thing called integrity.

2. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Please show me the internet by-law that says you must quote, copy, paraphrase, acknowledge, identify, kiss ass, etc. for anything what so ever.

You are full of $hit!

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Can we get a ruling on this from Al Gore who claims to have invented the Internet?

4. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

This is the first time I've read this thread and I just want to set the record straight.

No one is supposed to post an entire article from another site.

This is from the TigerForums.com User Agreement:
    "When posting articles from other sources, tease it. Just post a paragraph or two from the article and a link to the original article. This gives the reader a taste of what the article is about and the option to continue reading it at the source."

I know everyone appreciates it when someone brings news to the forum for discussion. I hope everyone continues to do so. Just please remember the proper way to do it. When done properly the news generates good conversation, the original author get's credit and some traffic. Everyone wins.

Thanks to Furcal for allowing his article to stay posted. As I state in the User Agreement, if anyone ever has copyrighted material posted here that they want removed please e-mail me at [email protected]. :geaux:

5. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Just wondering, but am I the only one who has to scroll down to like the bottom of the OTC page to see all the news and stuff? Its probably because I use Mozilla, but I was just wonering.

6. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Sorry about that JV, we are aware of it and have been trying to work around it. It most definitely is because you use Mozilla.

7. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

http://www.patents.com/weblaw.sht#cpe

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

What he said...

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Furcal didn't object to using his article. He just asked that he be credited as the author. What's the problem?

10. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member