Devery Henderson's One-Armed Catch....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Swerved, Aug 21, 2004.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to the Saints drafting a quarterback in the first round in the next couple of seasons. I still think Aaron Brooks has the tools, I just don't think he will ever have the maturity to play QB in the NFL.

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

What gets me with Brooks is that he has good stats but its the little, intangible things that I dont think he has to take the Saints to the next level. I know some think we are taking the smiles and laughs a bit too far but everytime we see him on the sidelines, whether its during blowouts or close wins/losses, he is joking and laughing as if what he is doing doesnt matter. I will never in my life forget his famous fumble when trying to throw the ball last year and he is laughing while going back to the sidelines.

3. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

You mean "Aaron Brooks is a tool"?

:thumb:

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Come on SabanFan, I know u don't take stock in the preseason.....

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I just remember when he just threw his 3rd critical interception of the game and was laughing it up on the sidelines. Up until that point, I was a fan of his. At that point, I knew nothing mattered to him.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I honestly could not care less what the Saints do. They're dead to me. It will take an entire regime change to get me back.

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Totally agree. Brooks has the athletic ability to play on this level but he doesn't have the internal drive like a Brett Favre or Jake Delhome(winning spirit) His laughing on the sidelines after ending the Saints season is proof of that.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

What about when the Saints win the Super Bowl this year. It is gonna happen. All my friends thought I was stupid becasue every year i said LSU would in it all. Eventually the Saints too will proove me right.

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I hope you are right. I won't be able to believe it until I see us make it to the NFC Championship game. There's been many years the Saints should have made noise in the playoffs, yet we either fall apart down the stretch or lose in the first couple of rounds. But without hope, there's no reason to watch.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I wil continue to watch and support the Saints (the same way I support LSU through thick and thin) but I just think Brooks isn't the type of leader the Saints desperately need. He has the ability, but I question his will to be a winner. I was somewhat impressed with J.T. in yesterday's game. Maybe he should get the start.