Devery in Mobile

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsujay, Jan 22, 2004.

1. lsujay

lsujay Founding Member

Here

Do the link... Devery the star of the practices in Mobile...

I posted here about midway through the season that I thought Clayton was the third best receiver on the team... What I meant was... the 'other' two receivers had more up-side... I would bet that Clayton will slide... possibly to the late second or third round... He's truly a great all-around football player, but doesn't have the speed needed to succeed in the NFL... Tell me one big catch Clayton made in a big game? He disappeared in big games.

Devery is starting to show his true talent and Skylar will be a AA next year and a 1st round pick the next... book it!!

2. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

Devery and Skyler were good....... but Clayton was without a doubt the best WR on the team this year....

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I would not say he disappeared. This guy played unselfishly all year long and made some very key blocks. Clayton was always a threat just not flashy. He also made key catches that maintained our possesion on offense and kept drives alive.

4. philter

philter Founding Member

You are a little delusional, and I'm being nice :) Clayton was the best player on the team, and his receiving skills were as good or better than any other player. NFL teams look for more than speed - they want to know if you can read a defense, if you can block, if you can tackle on special teams, if you smoke crack cocaine in the bathroom, etc etc.

Clayton does each and every one of those things ('cept the berry) - and more, on each and every down he plays. He does not have the blazing speed of Randy Moss, but that did not stop Keyshawn Johnson from being the #1 overall pick. The simple fact is that if a team that needs a great WR has, at their draft position, Clayton available to them...he will be taken. He is a definate first rounder - you're crazy to think he can slide to 3rd round. We'll see if you were right after the draft I suppose...

5. lmb20988

lmb20988 Founding Member

Philter is right, Clayton was the best reciever on the team by far. Whenever we needed a play Clayton was there to make it. Plus, he is the prototype NFL player because he can do it all. No way in hell he drops to the third round. If he drops at all it won't be any later than mid second round, but he will in all likelyhood be a first round pick.

6. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

Clayton's big, tall, sure handed, and unselfish. He gets open and makes plays when he needs too. You say he didn't see him make one big catch? Watch the games again. How many catches did he make to keep drives alive? How many big blocks did he make to spring another player for long gains?

We are all stupider for having read that post. Thanks.

7. titanrook

titanrook Freshman

Guys i agree MC is a bigtime playmaker and 1st round draftpick.But hey lets give Devery his due,he is tearing it up down in Mobile.Devery is a great kid and a outstanding talent still learning the wr postion.Mauck missed him wide open all year long he tends to lock on to receivers.Devery also led the team in rec td's.

8. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

No doubt Henderson is an outstanding receiver. I didn't intend to imply that he wasn't. I wish him and MC well in the NFL.

I hope our new receivers can fill the void left by TWO outstanding players.

9. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Dude, I wouldn't start claiming Messiah just yet. Michael Clayton has the NFL mold. He is tall, fast, and catches well. He also blocks well. Apparently you don't really understand the NFL WR. Devery will probably be the 2nd to 3rd(maybe even 4th) round WR taken. Clayton will be a first round draft pick. What exactly are you trying to prove?

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Clayton also lead the SEC in several categories.....