Devery in Mobile

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsujay, Jan 22, 2004.

1. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I remember several shots of Clayton de-cleating SEC corners as he blocked.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I think we could have two receivers from LSU go in the first 60 picks...

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Both Devery and MC will have success in the NFL. Both will benefit from having a professional QB throwing the ball to them (this is not a shot at Matt Mauck, its just reality). In fact if Matt continues to develop as a drop back passer he can make it in the NFL. I'm not surprised that Devery is doing well at the senior bowl, he's still learning the position. BTW, anyone know why the scheduled the Party in Tiger Stadium on the same day as the Senior Bowl. Not to mention the dilema of which one to attend but some of our key players won't be there. Must be some kind of scheduling thing or someone had their had up their @ss when it was put together.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

A look back at at Double D

He was impressive last year too and look what he's done.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Senior+Bowl/2003/prospect011703.htm

And to say Clayton did not have a good year amazes me. Jeez, he was the best player on the field the entire year. He was our go to receiver, made incredible cathes over the middle while getting racked, made the most outstanding downfiled blocks I've ever seen a guy repeatedly make, held for field goals, was the first one down on many a kickoff, was the best water boy, the best coach who was not officially a coach, etc.

5. Ken Ross

Ken Ross Founding Member

Exactly Dallas, didn't Clayton lead the SEC in receiving yards? How can anyone say he was the 3rd best on the team when he is leading the entire SEC. And I believe the SEC has a couple good receivers.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He's a 1,000-yard receiver, chief. It's not all about big catches.

7. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

lsujay this is the stupidest crap ever. i was one of the main ones that said clayton shouldn't go, but to say he was the 3rd best receiver and will drop to the 3rd round is just dumb. and like somebody else said we are all now dumber for reading this.

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Clayton is the most legit NFL talent we have had in years. McFarland has had a great career, Faneca has been tremendous, D Davis is definitely on his way to a stellar career, and Kevin Faulk has definitely been respectable, but I think Clayton could be in his own league. I would love to see Mike get drafted by a team like the Bucaneers who are in need of another WR after the Keyshawn incident...Wherever he is drafted, I bet he has a great career....

9. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

Clayton

Agree with you Dallas. Clayton is in the Keyshawn Johnson mold on the field. Tall, physical and willing to go across the middle. He also has an advantage over Meshawn in the attitude department.

BTW, Clayton didn't have big plays? Game winner vs UK in 2001. 3rd & long to finish off AMAB in 2001. TD vs Auburn in 2003. TD vs GTHOM in 2003. TD vs UGA in SECCG 2003. Clayton has caught many balls that NOBODY else would have. We don't win either SEC title or the National Title without him. Hopefully, the young guys can step up.

Henderson also had a great career. He was Randall's favorite receiver until injury in GTHOM 2002. Big plays for long yardage were his specialty. I loved watching the two of them on the same side of the field, because you knew someone was going to get burnt. Henderson could also lay the wood when needed, like Clayton's TD vs Auburn; he totally decleated the guy.

I doubt LSU has ever had two recievers with such talent at the same time. Hopefully, we will again.

GEAUX TIGERS

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Michael Clayton is one of LSU's best receivers of all time. Devery Henderson and Skyler Green are also remarkable, but that shouldn't take away from Clayton.