Devery to Saints!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DJBurke, Apr 24, 2004.

1. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

He's from my hometown, the Big-O (Opelousas). A little over 2 hours due west of NOLA.

2. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I feel bad too b/c he is going to be a millionair. You people have a NFL team and you bashem every chance you get.

3. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Don't feel too bad for him. He can pay cash for a house in English Turn, he will play in front of his fans and family, and he gets to play in a dome. With his speed, I think he'll do fine. Good thing he already has a ring though.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Are you from Louisiana? If so you should understand how people that have been Saints fans since the day they were born feel. The Saints are the worst franchise in the history of all professional sports yet we pull for them every Sunday even though we all they will never win anything significant during our entire lifetime. Stating the facts isn't bashing the Saints its simply telling the truth as ugly as it is. :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

5. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

I think its a good pick, I think that drafting LSU players can only help in fan base and on the field, although I feel bad for Devery because the Saints organazation has become a joke, but maybe they'll turn it around (yeah, riiiiiiight...).

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Are you talking to Louisianians? We've never had a professional team in Louisiana.

7. olVENICEdog

#1 the saints all most made the playoffs last year so they arnt the worst franchise in sports.
    #2 It's ez to follow the crowd and bash your home team b/c they fall short every year. I love the saints and IM not ashamed of them b/c the day will come. For a team like the Saints to sell out the dome as much as they do tells me that 60,000 fans think they have a chance to win.
    #3 The saints will never win the super bowl until Benson dies. He might be a rich man but he is a looser.
    #4 Black and Gold ya gotta love the saints baby.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Weren't the New Orleans Breakers a professional team? :dis: :shock: :grin:

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It's funny that there are complaints about the Saints organization being such a mess when their teams are finishing 8-8 the past 2 seasons. I remember when that was a dream season for this team. It goes to show you that significant progress has been made when fans now expect nothing less than a playoff team. I predict things turn around this year with the offense picking up where they left off in 2002 and the defense improving just enough to get more Ws than Ls. 10-6 is a reasonable bet and the division title in a hotly contested battle between all 4 teams now that Mike Vick will be back.

10. olVENICEdog

Thats what im talking about. The Saints have a tuff schedule next year.