Devery to Saints!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DJBurke, Apr 24, 2004.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I for one am glad that Devery got picked by the Saints. What's so bad about having a player you like get picked by a professional team you like? Pro football is so equal these days, it is entirely possible the Saints could be going deep into the playoffs in the next few years.

There is no sure thing in the NFL except for the Patriots in the last few years.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i agree with mikeD. i always wanna see LSU players go to the saints. unlike you other chumps i am not emotionally ruined by all these years of losing. i am optimistic, go saints!

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Can we expect Sabanfan to do the same thing to LSU if the program underachieves for years? Most likely.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I think the Saints should draft a few more LSU/gulf south players. It gives those other people in the state a reason to follow the Saints and maybe not bash them ALL the time.

I was ecstatic when Devery was drafted by the Saints. My favorite Saints players of all time are those that are from Louisiana like Dalton Hilliard, Eric Martin, and (laugh if you wish) Bobby Hebert. My new favorite Saints player on the current roster is Devery Henderson. I hope the Saints pick a few more LSU players in future years.

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Agreed.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You mean guys like Jake Delhomme that the Aints can trade just when they get to be good?

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I didn't agree with that move, but I choose to not dwell on things like that. I just can't bring myself to not start building hope for the next season of Saints or LSU football. I can see how some of the older members on this board who have been around for the Saints whole history could have finally had enough, but I'm too young to be there yet. Besides, we've had some flashes of greatness, so you have to have SOME hope for this team. I don't know if there will ever be a year I don't come into a Saints football season at least hoping for a playoff spot.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You mean like that miracle lateral play against Jacksonville where they could have sent it into OT but they missed the extra point? Believe me when I tell you that that play was just the latest in a long, long line of cursed Aints moments.

9. lsutiger69

lsutiger69 Freshman

Cartman already predicted that the Saints will win it all!

Devery will win a Super Bowl ring with the New Orleans Saints next year! Cartman/Awesome-O predicted it two weeks ago on South Park.

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I stood there with my mouth wide open in awe after that play...My mouth dropped even further when he missed that damn extra point...