Devery to Saints!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DJBurke, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

That was another ESPN Classic moment ;) :grin:

2. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

After the Blue Grass miracle LSU won the NC now after the lateral and choke kick the Saints will win the Super Bowl. Cha-Ching. Devery is the man. I love when teams pic players from NC teams, it shows that they want a success.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

OUCH

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Must have missed that episode but that's the sign I was looking for. With the parity of the NFL now like someone mentioned, anything's possible. Deuce can carry an offense and they should have a lot of weapons again.

My favorite Saints teams were when they had the guys DarkHornet mentioned (Hilliard, E. Martin, HOKIE freakin Gajan, and even Bobby Hebert) with some LA flavor. When the Saints won a playoff game and LSU beat Bama in Tiger Stadium, I thought anything really CAN happen (imagine that). LSU has since won the national championship so I think it's possible the Saints can win the Super Bowl.

The Red Sox can win the World Series, maybe even the Cubs. Mickelson just won a major if it wasn't some wierd dream. If the Saints struggle for another 25 yrs, I'll probably have the same thoughts that some of you have. I've already realized the need for backup teams to root for. A Saints loss doesn't hurt nearly as bad as an LSU one but they're still a fun team to root for.

I'm going to try like hell to get Deuce and Domanick Davis as my RB's this year for my fantasy leagues, maybe the Patriots D/ST. Deverey in a late round. Clayton in one of the middle rounds. More LSU & LA flavor makes the NFL so much more exciting. Delhomme as your QB?

With the possible winnings for those fantasy leagues, I've rooted against the Saints in the past. So my priority list would be #1 LSU, #2 my fantasy team
    (Pastime) #3 Saints. After that, I guess it's the Patriots & Texans.

If the Saints had picked Lavalais, I may have even bought a Saints shirt or something. I've worn shirts relatives have given at Christmas but it's been awhile since I've actually purchased Saints gear. Lavalais could've been the reason.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I've been through Archer, Dinardo/Tepper and Curley and I'm still here, so once again, you have no idea what I'm all about.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

joe horn is a great WR and adding Devery will be a good thing. DH will have a fine career and possibly a a great one before its all over.

7. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Sorry TT, but the Saints will need to get in line behind the Atlanta Hawks for that distinguished honor :D That being said, the Saints did stink up the draft this season. Terrible coordination and they drafted in areas where they already have some depth rather than draft for immediate needs. To select DE and WR with the first two picks when they were in dire straights for a CB? They also could've easily traded down to get either Batman Carroll or Chris Gamble and likely received another 2nd/3rd round pick out of the deal. Very sloppy IMHO. But hey, I guess that's why they get paid the big bux......

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How can you even think that? The Falcons have won more than one playoff game and have even gone to a Super Bowl.

9. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

see my post .... "Hawks", not Falcons, although it has only been recently that the Falcons have moved above the Saints. Maybe that's why it's such a good rivalry in the NFC South....

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

between the executive decisions of the saints and the hornets... makes you wonder how these guys are successful in anything. benson has a coup in New Orleans...perennial losers who sell out like they are world champs. woulda been nice if they coulda moved up in the draft to get Roethlisberger and trade away that cancer at QB.