Devin White about to announce his decision

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jan 9, 2019.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I've seen projections as high as top 10.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well?

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Could not disagree more, I will never understand this line of thinking but we all have a right.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would love for him to stay but I certainly understand that the smart thing to do is turn pro. I doubt that anybody on this forum has been in a position where we know we are guaranteed life changing money that would take care of not only ourselves but our families and knew for certain that the only thing that could prevent that would be an injury that would devalue our bargaining position.

It's easy as us fans to say bravo for staying, Devin or boo Devin for leaving but he is a smart kid and he is the one who has to make that decision. His heart might be telling him to say but his good sense is telling him to leave. People might call Greedy a quitter now but that will be forgotten when he has played in the NFL for a while. He will still be very popular in Baton Rouge after that.

5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Jerry Sullivan retired yesterday. Tried to check Instagram for White but he hasn’t posted anything new. He did a live video but it was too long to watch the whole thing.

tirk likes this.
  6. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

A brief look into this line of thinking... you use college to get a job, Devin is ready for one... you use a job to get...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Brian and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’d feel a lot better about players staying if there were common sense protections in place (seems insurance sets up too many hoops).

watson1880 likes this.
  8. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

Top first round? That's hitting the lottery, my friends. You just gotta go. Signing bonus alone justifies it.

I love seeing him at LSU, but totally understand declaring for the draft.

watson1880, Brian, uscvball and 2 others like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

So being part of something that is bigger than yourself, pride, esprit de corps, or maybe just wanting to have a little more fun no longer exist? If he plays another year at LSU that means he can't enter the '20 draft?

Anyone that says "he should" should check themselves if it is not followed by "whatever he wants"
    Bunch of pretentious mf'rs

LSUpride123 and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

If someone had offered me a multi-million dollar job a year before I graduated college with an opportunity to work alongside the best in the business.....I'd have taken it. Lots of what ifs and yet, what if he got injured and not only didn't play some or all of his last year, but screwed his pro career too? Most drafted players are in the league for roughly 5 years. For that money and chance to play with the 1%? Hell yes, it's time ta go.

ROY_LA_CA, didit, Brian and 3 others like this.