Devin White about to announce his decision

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jan 9, 2019.

1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Yes. You don’t take a part-timer and put him at the hot corner. Full time, he will get a look in the infield, if he decides to play. It would be easy to just stick him left field and hope he can hit to justify the investment. And you don’t invest that much into a guy who you’re not sure of as a hitter if he can’t help you in the infield.

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

you don't waive mlb rules, and pay him many times more than the guy who was drafted ahead of him,.. he's not a great pitcher, they are easier to judge, this guy making it to the bigs is iffy.

asignupe99 likes this.
  3. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

It was iffy when he was drafted 9th but the guy ahead of him...no one knows...nor the guy behind him. He’s a Heisman winner now and for now, a media and marketing darling. And I bet the instructions are coming from the commissioners office rather than the A’s front office.

Selling the show is more important than an actual good show. That’s why Floyd Mayweather has made over a billion boxing despite lackluster fights...

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I see your point, but I remain skeptical

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Mayweather is just too good to let anybody in his weight class even make a good fight of it. Especially with his style and never mixing it up and trading punches. I always root against him but he always wins. Boring.

didit and shane0911 like this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Kind of like Bama