Devonte Lee moving to LB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I agree however he had an entire year to win playing time at WR and he is already probably seeing his chances of playing WR going down with this years WR group. This should clearly show him he might not have it for the Pros and a position switch is what he needs.

2. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I agree, I think O was counting on exactly that when he recruited him.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Too crafty for a Oeaux. Shot must have been called by those mysterious 2 BOS guys

Rolan and Winston1 like this.
  4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Why do y’all think you have more bodies in a 3-4? It only changes the responsibilities of the down linemen. They’re going from space eaters in a 3-4 letting the middle of the field eat tackles...hence the leading tacklers being the two ILB and the typically the strong/rip safety or they’re attacking. Front 7 is a front 7 whether 4-3, 3-4, or 5-2 which no one plays anymore. This should be a great D because they’ll be able to attack and disguise more. Brooks, Stevens, and Lee can easily handle base 4-3 and nickel/dime situations. Main question is can they take a season long pounding in this division.

This D is gonna be nasty because it’ll have to be. Just hope a couple of dominant, pass rushing D-ends emerge. That’s the only real uncertainty I see. Can guys like Logan and Farrell go from keeping blockers from getting to next level to beating blockers and making plays. I believe they will because that gets them paid.

Good business decision for D. Lee.

Rolan and Bengal B like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The difference isn't in more bodies, In the 3-4 you can get by with smaller LB's as long as they have speed and quickness. And in the 3-4 you have more element of surprises as jusr who and how many are going to rush the passer. In the 4-3 you always have 4 down linemen in the pass rush. Despite all the accolade that have been heaped on Aranda as some kind of cerebral genius statistically Pelini's defenses have rank much high in almost every category over the years.