DFW - Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JP4LSU, Jan 18, 2005.

1. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

:geauxtigs
    I wanted to know who in Tiger Forums is in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area and do you attend any of the LSU Alumni chapter activities (watching games, etc).

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I live in Plano, and before becoming a mother 3.5 years ago (and about 7 weeks from becoming a mother again), I used to attend the LSU watching parties at Ben's Half-yard House on Greenville in Dallas. It was lots of fun, but I don't knwo of any other Alum gatherings.

3. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

StaceyO,
    How's life in Plano? There is supposedly a former LSU Fullback (Victor Jones) that lives in Plano. We went to Zachary High together but he was a senior when I was a freshman so we didn't know each other.

I'll have to check into the local Alumn chpt in 2005 to watch some games. My wife and I have only been in Ft. Worth 2.5 years so it would be good for us to meet some new faces.

4. Richmond Tiger

Richmond Tiger Freshman

You all may want to contact Jason R. at the LSU Alumni Association in Baton Rouge, 888-RING-LSU and Jason R.can give you some information on the local chapters in your area. Also, the out-of-state chapters are listed on the LSU Alumni Association web site.:geaux:

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Carrollton here, I rarely go, I have gone to Bens a few times to watch games, and everyone I know and associate with here in North Texas are from Louisiana. (We all tend to stick together)

But I have been everyone is very nice. However not to sound anti-social but if I am not actually at the game (Which is rare) I like to have my friends over (All LSU fans) to watch the game.

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

JP I tried to message you back but your box is full.

7. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

Question for Tiger fans in Dallas area

I am being transferred to Dallas this summer. People I have spoken to say we should look to live north of Dallas (Coppell, Flowermound, Plano, Carrollton, etc.) Where can I find a good rental house ($1000 to $1500 per month) with good schools? I have two sons, one going into the 9th grade and one going into the 6th grade. :confused:

8. luvmesumlsu

luvmesumlsu Founding Member

Re: Question for Tiger fans in Dallas area

I live in Lewisville and have been pleased with this area. IMO north dallas is a very nice place to live, depending on where you work of course. Lots of good schools-- Lots of rental properties-- I would suggest the Sunday edition of the DMN or a local realtor. You won't have a problem finding housing...................good luck fellow tiger fan

9. strinbj

strinbj Freshman

I live in Ft Worth and wish there was a game watching over here. I went Ben's this past season for the Auburn game, it was a lot of fun. Maybe we should try to get together in Ft Worth some time next season. How can I contact you?

10. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

Re: Question for Tiger fans in Dallas area

Frisco or Mckinney, I love it here, and I drive to the D for work and its no Biggie.

Schools are great and both do not have that big city feel yet, but both are growing at an unbelievable rate. I believe Mckinney is the fastest growing city in America with a house closure every 15 minutes. I have also heard great things about The Colony, but never been there.