DFW - Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JP4LSU, Jan 18, 2005.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Re: Question for Tiger fans in Dallas area

Why would you pay $1500.00 per month on rent. For that kind of money, in one of the near by communities, you could purchase a nice place. Don't waste it on rent. PM me I'm a mortgage broker. I know the Dallas area well.:thumb:

2. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

Re: Question for Tiger fans in Dallas area

I was going to say that to, but I didn't want to get to personal not knowing his situation.

Were you in the Marines? 1/8 maybe. Infantry?

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

1/8, 2/6, 1/2 My favorite unit was Eighth Marines, also my first. MOS 0341, 0331. Mortars and Heavy machine guns.

4. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

Dude I was a 41 always carried that damn 81mm barrel.

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I liked the base plate. Strapped it to the front of my duece gear. Tube wasn't bad though. I miss those days.

6. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

you'll have to pm me I always love talking about old war stories especially with fellow jarheads.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Depends where you work, I live in North Carrollton, off of Old Denton and Hebron and I love the Area, its growing, you can get anywhere in about 20 minutes (Downtown, Las Colinas) since you are very close to 3 Major roads (35, 121, GW Bush Turnpike)
    Good schools although I dont have kids, Its a little more expensive then lets say Frisco or McKinny BUT if you work in western part of town (Las Colinas) or near or around DownTown, your commute will be a beating from Mckinney, and not much better from Frisco. Thing is both those areas grew so fast there is no infrastructure to support the traffic. At least my opinion.
    However you do get great value for your dollar, in Mckinney you can get 3000 sq/feet for around 200,000
    As in Carrollton, Flower Mound (The newer parts) your looking 270-300

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The housing market varies widely in the North Dallas area. I'm extremely partial to Collin County (Plano, Frisco, McKinney). The schools are incredible, and the housing is reasonable--depending on what you're looking for. Our 3 bedroom/2 bath house runs us about $1300 a month in mortgage payments, but the neighborhood (Ridgeview Ranch) is really great.

JP4LSU, as for your comment about Victor Jones, you'll never believe this, but I teach at the middle school where his kids went here in Plano. I didn't meet his son, but I knew his daughter, Lauren, very well. She knew I was from Louisiana and LSU, so she had her mom come and meet me. I never met Victor, though.

9. LewisvilleTiger

LewisvilleTiger Freshman

I live in Lewsiville and love the area. I'm close to 35E and drive to Dallas for work. Not too bad, 45 minutes to an hour both ways. Allen is also a nice area. Good Luck on your move.

10. TigerLicks

TigerLicks Founding Member

I live in Sachse, just east of Plano and north of Garland, near Wylie. Anywhere north of the Bush Turnpike(new huge mall going in on the east end) is great and I would agree that buying a home would be much easier than renting at those prices. You can get a decent size home and pay 60-70% of what you'd pay in rent on the note. Caution though, watch out for property tax fluctuation on your note in escrow. When taxes go up, so will your note. It can be a shock to the system after living in LA, but bear in mind there is no state income tax. I waived the escrow and pay insurance and tax on my own.