DFW - Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JP4LSU, Jan 18, 2005.

1. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Everybody lives in Dallas and north Dallas area. I feel like I live in the sticks.
    I like it over here though. Not as trafficky.

StaceyO,
    What a small world? Victor was the man in high school. Victor was in football, wrestling, and weightlifting. I remember one time a state trooper helo flew Victor from one meet to another because he couldn't make it time. He did play some NFL but I don't recall where. I believe he was at LSU during the Tommy Hodson days.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I also knew about Victor Jones through my dad because when my dad was the football coach at Catholic High, Zachary was in our district. I remembered watching him play in high school. They are a really nice family.

As for living in Fort Worth and having less traffic, I guess it all depends on where you live. I live and work in Plano, so I have about a 15 minute, 8 mile commute to work. And Plano being such a large city (250,000+ population) has every ammenity and service, so we rarely go to Dallas at all.

3. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I love the Plano, McKinney, Frisco, and Las Colinas area. I haven't spent much time there but on occassion and they each are nice areas. I can' live there though, I work at Lockheed on the west side of Ft. Worth.

Did your dad coach Warrick Dunn or Travis Minor while he was there? Two of the best athletes ever from Catholic High.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

You Dad is Not Dale Wiener is it ???
    He coached me for awhile at Trafton Academy (Now known as the Dunham School)

5. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

What years were you at Trafton?

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

[​IMG]

GO BRONCOS!

7. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

Re: Question for Tiger fans in Dallas area

I am in the military, I think I get $1,500/month as housing allowance. I try to stay within that, but, if I can get something nice for less than that, that would be great. I will be there 3 yrs, 4 yrs tops. Not thrilled about pulling $$ out of savings for down payment, and also paying property tax. Already a resident of a state w/o state income tax. I am not 100% against buying, but, am leaning toward renting, under the assumption I can find a nice 3BR rental house in a good school district. I will be working on Walton Walker Rd (?) which I assume is somewhere in downtown Dallas.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Re: Question for Tiger fans in Dallas area

Sorry, I know this thread doesn't pertain to me, but I WISH I could find a house to rent for $1,500 a month. My ONE BEDROOM with a GALLEY kitchen (2-burner stove top and DORM-size fridge) was $1300. Right now I live in a 2-family house with my fiance' and one of our close friends and the rent for it per month is $3,000...... Hence, after we're married this coming Nov., we're looking at leaving Boston and heading south! :thumb:

9. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I live in Keller and have been to crawfish boils and FB watching.............mostly do High School career nights
    for LSU in KISD, my son is a TCU FB player and I look forward to getting "back into the action" after one more TCU season.

10. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Nope, I live in the sticks. Seriously, I have lived in Burleson for 6 1/2 years, and my wife is from Plano. She has lived in Dallas and Plano all her life (let's just say she's over 30 :grin: ), and when we started dating a few years back, she had never even HEARD of Burleson. She had been to Fort Worth maybe once or twice.

There are a few Tarrant county folks on this site...maybe we could "take over" a place to watch the Tigers next season.