DFW - Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JP4LSU, Jan 18, 2005.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My dad was the coach at Catholic High from '77-'82. He coached Tim Joiner, who played for the Tigers, along with Neal Dellacono (All-American at UCLA) and Karl Bernard (who signed with LSU the same year as Hilliard and James. He didn't get the PT he wanted and ended up at USL. He was Rookie of the Year for the Lions in '87, then blew out his knee in fall camp the next year, ending his career.)

2. LewisvilleTiger

LewisvilleTiger Freshman

I graduated from Redemptorist High School in 1984 and I watched Dunn, Kevin Franklin and Karl Bernard play. Those were some very good teams. I watched Dunn go for 185 yards and three TD's in the first half against Denham Springs one year. He was a stud.

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Re: Question for Tiger fans in Dallas area

I sure hope the pay up there offsets the housing expenses. Sounds like you need to move back down here. By the way, It got up to 85 degrees in West Monroe today. I thought about getting the jet ski out.:cool:

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

From 80-88 (Little School through High School)
    I started at Trafton when we were a one building school on Tiger Lane, then we moved to Wimbledon around 83 I think... I graduated in 88, it was the last year for "Trafton Academy" Chapel on Campus purchased it and changed the name to Chapel Trafton...

So basically my little class of 88 (30 of us) were the last of Trafton Academy.
    But hey we won State in Baseball and Basketball in 87 (Of Course I did not play basketball I am horrible at it)
    But it helps when you have Todd Kinchen on your team.

5. luvmesumlsu

luvmesumlsu Founding Member

Good luck with your job at lockheed fellow tiger fan--- heard they're having a few layoffs-----------

6. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Amen to this IDEA...................Burleson Tiger count me in! I have always wondered why we can't
    start a "Tiger Watching" group over here. We are still "applying pressure" to get LSU baseball to come
    play in TCU's brand new stadium. Coach Schlossnagel has told me he offered Smoke 2 times to LSU for
    1 time at TCU. Fox and Hound is a popular place for other schools on Saturday on the south side of Fort Worth.

7. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

You should all bookmark and or subscribe to this thread so you can bring it back up when you want.

8. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Consider that "done".

9. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

I graduated in 87 with Todd. We both started with in 7th grade when Dr. Tom founded the school.

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Re: Question for Tiger fans in Dallas area

The pay doesn't nearly offset the housing cost ;) .... 85 degrees!??!?!?!?!?!

It was 2!!! ....TWO DEGREES this morning..... (minus 20 or so with wind chill).... Anytime it's that cold, with the wind blowing, your eyes start to water a bit--but they FREEZE to your cheeks