Dick out, Nutt inserts Johnson for opener

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Aug 17, 2006.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

2. sphincter_boy

sphincter_boy Founding Member

Dude...seriously, you got entirely too much free time on your hands. Just think if you'd use that brain power for something productive, you'd probably cure cancer or something! :wink: In all reality, I am laughing my ass off at this...:lol:

3. tigerm

tigerm Founding Member

Pete Carroll after the game: "That big Johnson wore out the Trojans. These Trojans can only handle the smaller Dick." :rofl:

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

carroll went on to say, "its easy to see why nutt likes dick so much. i think dick is great !" :eek:

5. sphincter_boy

Nutt became chaeffed after Dick limped out of the game due to a blow to Dick's head after the whistles had blown. The larger Johnson then replaced the smaller Dick, and promptly stuck it in to the tight end who was wide open. Nutt errupted on the sidelines, but Nutt's erruption was premature as the play was called back due to penalty. On the next play, Johnson blasted through an opening and scored.

On the sidelines, MLB Hall of Famer Rollie Fingers was a special guest of his brother, Dr. S. "Tinky" Fingers, who is head of the Arkansas medical staff. Fingers approached Dick to summize the situation. Nutt sat idly by as Fingers worked on Dick. Fingers gave Dick a vigorous head massage, and after a while, Dick was standing errect and ready to go back in.

After the game, Nutt, commenting on the injury to Dick, said, "I don't know what happened out there. USc just kept whacking Dick and whacking Dick...and it was just a matter of time before Dick wilted. USC whacked Dick early and often. I'm just glad we had Johnson around to pick up the slack. Now don't get me wrong, I love Dick, and I wanted to put Dick back in, but after the beating Dick took, he was rather sore. I'm glad Johnson stood up when it was on the line. That Johnson is explosive!""

6. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Nutt pulled Johnson out after he blew it and promptly put Dick in, who immediately broke the Trojans and knocked up the secondary. Said Nutt after the game, "Dick was just more accurate with his shots, while Johnson just couldn't seem to hit the spot. Johnson definitely has a cannon, so we'll play around with it in practice this week to see if we can't stimulate it and get him going."

7. sphincter_boy

all this makes me think about the old "Big Johnson" t-shirts. Do they still make those?

8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Nutt is thinking about rotating Dick and Johnson at the tight end position.

That would mean Nutt would have his Dick and Johnson in and out rotating the tight end.

9. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

In response to Nutts move Pete Carroll said he would have to jam dick and johnson with his weak side end.

10. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Dick and Johnson up for Trojans.:usaflagwa :laflagwav :geauxtige :thumb: