Did anybody else call the onside kick?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Feb 9, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

About 2 minutes after the first half was over, I told the person standing next to me that to be ready for the 2nd half because Sean Payton is going to onside kick it and we are going to recover it.

More times than not I can guess what Sean Payton is thinking and wanting to do. Mostly because we think a lot alike. I am always a proponent of being aggressive and playing to win. Sean Payton is the best at that psychology.

Anyone else see this coming?

2. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Props to you Izzy. Hell no, it didn't even enter my mind. Before the second half I was reminding the family that we had to kick off to start the 2nd half, but that is all. Sometimes I think our coach gets a little too fancy, like the reverse that didn't work. And he gets away from our bread and butter passing attack and tries to pound it on 3rd and 4th down and we don't make it, but half the time he gets a flea flicker for a TD or something similar so it all evens out in the long run. We are just damn lucky we recovered the kick or people would be trashing him for an enormous blunder.

3. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I called it at our party. no one believed me. they just thought i was drunk.

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

But you were...

5. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

yeah i guess. Still did not make me wrong though. :thumb:

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Who says it didn't work? Not all plays are designed to be big gainers. He was planting a little seed. Next time the defense saw that formation it gave them one more thing to think about.

1 person likes this.
  7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

A guy at my party called the pick six. He was screaming it over and over before they snapped the ball. I told him to shutup because all we need was an incompletion. The rest is history.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

right before the kick i said to my wife, onside kick right here, but i do that before every kickoff. i am right about 3% of the time. :hihi:

9. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

of course. the same people that were in tiger stadium on halloween night when billy cannon did his thing.

10. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

never saw it coming. i thought: well you made it 10-6, keep playing D like you did in the 2nd qtr get them to punt and get a score. people talk about momentum being so huge in college sports but that was a big swing in this game.

i would like to point out that while hank baskett is basically getting called one of the goats this game, he was the ONLY one wearing blue, coaches and players for that matter, that recognized it. he should get props, but since he didn't make the play, sucks for him.

it would have been better to just be a no name guy with the wool pulled over your eyes.