Did anybody hear Mon Press Conf or Songy? QB?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Sep 6, 2004.

1. max

max Founding Member

Did Saban say anything about the quarterback situation on Monday?

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Here ya go:

http://www.lsusports.net/feature.html?ref=D55E1A19-CFA9-7EBB-3DF1A92EDC7F7AD1

3. SATigerFan

SATigerFan Founding Member

There is going to be some tough decisions to make this week on the QB situation. I still think you have to play Randall against Ark State, if nothing else to get the guys confidence back. What happens if Russell does get the nod to start, gets hurt and Randalls confidence is so low when he has to come in the game? So lets put Randall back in and see what happens. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for having a bad game sat night, give the guy another chance and if he has the same outcome then bench him.

4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I am willing to say that the field conditions may have been a total wildcard this past Saturday. I'd base things on practice, but I am ok with Randall getting the start. But if he isn't effective, a decision will have to made quickly. This is our tune-up game for Auburn and SEC play. Sure, we'll have another cupcake or two, but we need to give Auburn our best shot.

5. bigfella99

bigfella99 Founding Member

I thinl Russell should clearly get the start, and I'd also like to see Flynn get some meaningful time. I think we need to get Randall some time too, but I don't think he is the long term solution. He can still be a team leader, like Rohan Davey was back when he was #2 to Josh Booty.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I think its wise to have both QB's play in this next game but I would also like to see
    Flynn get a little bit of pt.
    The coaches know what their doing, I have total confidence in them.

7. SmokeUBiatch

SmokeUBiatch Founding Member

russel should play the whole game to get ready for auburn

8. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

I don't think the problem with Randall is a lack of confidence.....he knows he can play, but it seems when he makes a mistake early in a game he gets nervous.......he has all the physical tools to be an NFL quarterback....he's just not right psychologically.....

....because of this, I look for Russel to start......that way if Randall has to come in.....he shouldn't be as nervous thinking about the mistakes he might possibly make all week leading up to the game

9. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

I couldn't DISAGREE w/you more - my personal opinion - I don't think Randall has any confidence in himself. On top of that, JR obviously has better skills. Although his game Saturday was not stellar, he reminded me of Rohan the way he scrambled, fought off tackles and still made strong throws. Just my opinion - that's what the board's for, right? :)

10. purplejoe

purplejoe Founding Member

are the press conferences gunna be at 1130 or at 12 this year?