Did anybody notice? CBS/SEC conspiracy on backdrop of the telecast

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scottz87, Nov 22, 2009.

1. scottz87

scottz87 Veteran Member

Not only did they have the Ole Miss and LSU team logos on the back panel, they also had Alabama and Florida's logo too. Promoting their 2 top dogs that got plenty of help from the zebras all year. I've never seen a game where the telecast had logos of other teams on the telecast.

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Those two announcers are annoying as hell... they constantly make annoying mistakes, were calling our Wild Cat the Wild Rebel, they'd say... its intercepted, wai nope it wasn't... those guys dont have a clue how to call a game. Wish we could have real commentators for our games.

3. scottz87

scottz87 Veteran Member

They even said Lsu did a great job of getting to the line on the Ole miss punt to the one yard line and quickly getting the play off before the replay crew could check it. What was that? And why the hell were we hurrying anyway?

4. Dawgs Fan

Dawgs Fan Freshman

can't argue, though, they were spot on with their commentary in the last seconds.

One of them (I think GD) was border-line screaming with "Where is your field goal team?" as the offense, instead, was running down the field to line up a play.

I think I even heard a "Are you kidding me?"

5. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

Gotta love our backup running back Steven Murphy.

6. Chase0316

Chase0316 Registered Fan

Yeah these CBS guys need to go back to there golf commentating because they have no clue how the game of football is played

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This is the craziest thing I've ever heard.
    They certainly knew what to do with 01 second left on the clock.
    I was thinking, Gee, we should hire Gary Danielson as an advisor to CLM's.

About the Bama vs Fla background.
    This is nothing more than advertising and marketing, this is the way the world of advertising works.
    They are promoting the SEC Championship game.
    It would be the same if it was LSU vs Fla.

8. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

All the SEC teams are on that backdrop because they have the SEC TV contract. LSU and OM were the ones on top that you could fully and prominently see because that's the game they were calling. Florida and 'Bama were shown because they are leading their divisions and head and shoulders better than every other team in the SEC. And the country for that matter. Kentucky just happened to be visible in the middle. Is CBS trying to promote them too?

Our fans need to stop having an inferiority complex regarding the Gators and Tide. It's embarassing. We should shut our mouths until we can beat either one of them. Have some Tiger pride. Stop whining and beat them on the field. Then you gave a reason to consider yourself slighted if they get more love than we do from the networks.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

it wasnt a conspiracy. it was advertising.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

This thread is crazy. All they are doing is promoting the SEC Championship game. Just liek they've done in years past when LSU and other teams were playing in it.